PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a multi-tasker.........

WILCO
05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Darn near had a kitchen fire! Was boiling eggs, prepping chicken for the grill, setting up potatoes for my famous potatoe salad, fixed myself a "Chicago" (Pabst beer, Birch beer mixed half & half), sat down to read and laugh a spell here at Cast Boolits. Well, some time had slipped by me because I smelled something burning. Windows were opened and I figured the neighbor screwed up his fixins.
Thought I'd sit a bit more. Then like lightning, the smoke detector starts a blaring and I stumbled like a jackrabbit into the kitchen. Found my cast iron pot smoking like a steam engine! All the water boiled out of her and she was getting ready to go hyper fusion on me. Turned out the flame, walked it outside to cool down. 30 minutes later, them eggs were still hot to the touch! Ran them under some cold water and peeled. Aside from one or two "brown" ones, they seemed to be okay.
Lesson learned. When I'm on this site, everything else stops. [smilie=p: [smilie=l:

jcwit
05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Almost as bad as a cell phone behind the wheel?

fatnhappy
05-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I am a multi-tasker.
I can eat corn on the cob, fried chicken, baked beans and drink beer simultaneously. If you were to invite me to your house round about dinner time I'd be happy to prove it.

:kidding:

Seriously though, glad you didn't burn the house down.

waksupi
05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I see you are a graduate of my cooking school! If it ain't black, it ain't done! I had to quit going into the chat room while cooking. The fire department was complaining about the nightly calls.

Doc Highwall
05-28-2012, 09:10 PM
When is is smoking it is cooking, and when it is burning it is done

Cooking is the easy part, eating it is the hard part.

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Lesson learned. When I'm on this site, everything else stops. [smilie=p: [smilie=l:

Doesn't it seem almost "unreal" how time flies when surfing CB ?
Jon

bearcove
05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
It is a distraction at times.

WILCO
05-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Doesn't it seem almost "unreal" how time flies when surfing CB ?
Jon

It sure does Jon! Worse than a time warp. [smilie=s:

WILCO
05-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Seriously though, glad you didn't burn the house down.

Thanks Fatnhappy. I'm glad too. Holiday fires are no fun. [smilie=l: