PDA

View Full Version : C358-158-2 SWC Bullets

WVHunter129
05-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I received my mold today that I purchased from "hornsurgeon" today in the mail. Just as soon as I got it I put the handles on and inspected it closely. I fired up the LEE 10lb melting pot and let it get up to around 650 degrees, fluxed the lead I had in the pot, removed any dross and began casting.

I couldn't stop. I was only going to cast like 200 bullets but after finally making myself stop I ended up with 322 of these nice shiny objects!!

Thanks "hornsurgeon" for a great deal on the molds I bought from you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/WVHunter129/temporary.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/WVHunter129/temporary-1.jpg

williamwaco
05-27-2012, 09:35 PM
I really like that bullet.

Since you "attached the handles" you are using the Lee six cylinder mold. It will make bullets fall like rain.

454gene
05-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Is this the bullet you were looking to start a group buy for? I"ll be interested in the load development for that 50 yd. DR round .
Are you going to Camp Perry?

WVHunter129
05-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I really like that bullet.

Since you "attached the handles" you are using the Lee six cylinder mold. It will make bullets fall like rain.

williamwaco, when I said "attached the handles" I meant that I put the handles back on that were taken off for shipping. It is a two cavity mold, but man can I put the bullets out with it. Since Friday I already have close to 450 casted. The only 6 cavity mold that I have right now is for 125 grain 9MM.

WVHunter129
05-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Is this the bullet you were looking to start a group buy for? I"ll be interested in the load development for that 50 yd. DR round .
Are you going to Camp Perry?

454gene, not sure what you mean. These are bullets that I am casting for my personal use. I have only been casting for roughly 3 months now. Been casting 9MM's, 38/357 WC's and RN's until I got this mold for SWC, and casting 45ACP's. Just started casting .309 - 150 grain flat top bullets to shoot in my 308WIN.

Never really thought about selling any of the bullets that I cast.

Not sure what you mean about "50 yd. DR round"?

Also, don't know what you mean by "going to Camp Perry"? I am not making any plans to go.

Apologize if you thought I was selling these. I was just sharing my fun of getting into casting.

454gene
05-28-2012, 10:27 PM
My mistake, I thought you were trying to get some interest in a 158 gr. boolit mold for a group buy a couple of weeks ago.
The DR is the Distinguished Revolver competition held during the national pistol match at Camp Perry in July.