PDA

View Full Version : Jake Lube

04-17-2007, 04:40 PM
just got some jake lube. it is his hard that takea 120 deg. heater to lube. have not jsed it yet but feels softer than i think will stay on the bullets here in sunny florida. i have beed using magma and ruster red. what do you think about remixing it with 1/2 bees wax or parphin wax? i may try somr first or at least do a sun test with all 3 lubes to see if it gets messy when it gets hot. if i mixed magma 50-50 with bees wax would the end lube be harder or softer?

Orygun
04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
just got some jake lube. it is his hard that takea 120 deg. heater to lube. have not jsed it yet but feels softer than i think will stay on the bullets here in sunny florida. i have beed using magma and ruster red. what do you think about remixing it with 1/2 bees wax or parphin wax? i may try somr first or at least do a sun test with all 3 lubes to see if it gets messy when it gets hot. if i mixed magma 50-50 with bees wax would the end lube be harder or softer?

If this is Jake's 'purple lube'...I like it! I ended up putting an aluminum plate under my Star and use an iron to heat. I found that when the plate is around 90°, everything flows well without excess lube coming out of places unknown. ;)

I heat to about 100°, then cool back to 90° and I'm good to go. Using an old refrigerator thermometer laying on the plate. Doesn't matter how accurate it is, just consistent and you'll figure it out.

This lube shoots just as good as the 50/50 Alox in the same loads for my .45 without the sticky mess.