PDA

View Full Version : stressed? nah!

fixit
05-24-2012, 02:28 PM
just thought all you folks would get a kick out of my situation/predicament. on june 2, my 21 year old daughter is getting married to a fine, upstanding young man, whom my wife and i [and my daughter] adore. two weeks later, one of my closest friends is getting married, and i will be his best man. then, one week later, my younger son [24] is getting married! been having a blast telling people about the wedding schedule, and then watching their eyes glaze over!!:p:holysheep

x101airborne
05-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, holy sheep is right!!

gray wolf
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow stay calm and collected.
It sounds like fun---
drink a lot of beer
and smile at everyone.

41 mag fan
05-24-2012, 06:29 PM
just thought all you folks would get a kick out of my situation/predicament. on june 2, my 21 year old daughter is getting married to a fine, upstanding young man, whom my wife and i [and my daughter] adore. two weeks later, one of my closest friends is getting married, and i will be his best man. then, one week later, my younger son [24] is getting married! been having a blast telling people about the wedding schedule, and then watching their eyes glaze over!!:p:holysheep

I hope your daughter adores him...might something wrong if she didn't, or the young mans loaded!!

frkelly74
05-24-2012, 06:49 PM
If it is not you getting hitched then you are free to enjoy the party. On the other hand , if you are paying for it and have absolute controll over the proceedings , then you are free to enjoy the party. WIN/WIN

SciFiJim
05-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Three weddings in 15 days!

The toughest one will be the first one. Walking your little girl down the aisle to give her away will be the hardest thing you will ever love.

Wishing all three couples the best!

Looks like it's time to buy a tux instead of renting one.

runfiverun
05-25-2012, 01:57 AM
one speech three different variations.
that's recycling.

fixit
05-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Three weddings in 15 days!

The toughest one will be the first one. Walking your little girl down the aisle to give her away will be the hardest thing you will ever love.

Wishing all three couples the best!

Looks like it's time to buy a tux instead of renting one.

that's not the worst of it... i'm singing 'butterfly kisses' before the ceremony gets into full swing. the women in my life are taking bets as to how far i get before i become a big puddle of goo!!!:wink:

SciFiJim
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
i'm singing 'butterfly kisses' before the ceremony gets into full swing.

You are indeed a brave soul to try that! My daughter was five when that song came out and she has already requested it for her wedding. You might try recording it and playing the recording at the wedding. That's what my wife did with a song for our wedding. She didn't trust herself to be able to finish it live.

Freightman
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Fool them and get through the whole thing. Saying that you are lucky to be able, no one ever ask me to sing, been ask to stop several times.

DIRT Farmer
05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Freight man like the time they ask me to sing in the church chior. I stood in the bach held my music and quitly said watermellon over and over. When they got me to sing I was excused.

My son sang at his wedding, Did fine. I had several beers later I did fine.

fixit
06-02-2012, 10:02 AM
You are indeed a brave soul to try that! My daughter was five when that song came out and she has already requested it for her wedding. You might try recording it and playing the recording at the wedding. That's what my wife did with a song for our wedding. She didn't trust herself to be able to finish it live.

TODAY'S THE DAY! i'll let everyone know how i did. i don't think it's going to be a problem. the rehearsal went fine. (yeah, i know... famous last words!)

odfairfaxsub
06-02-2012, 10:16 AM
congradualtions on the day

fixit
06-02-2012, 08:47 PM
well, the wedding went off without a hitch, i was cool as a cucumber throughout , including while i was singing 'butterfly kisses' and the happy couple is on their way to their honeymoon. life is good!