PDA

View Full Version : Print edition of the book is now available.

Recluse
05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd shot for Memorial Day weekend for it to be available, and as of today, Above Reproach (http://www.amazon.com/Above-Reproach-J-D-Kinman/dp/1475223315/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1337802479&sr=8-5) is now able to be ordered and shipped in good old paper & ink format with a beautiful full-color cover front and back.

This is NOT a hardcover with a dust-jacket. We nixed that because of concerns over it being cost-prohibitive, as in a MSRP of $34.99, which is insane.

Instead, we went with a "premium" size soft-copy that is 6" x 9" with eleven-point type on white paper. It's a very nice looking, easy to handle and read book (if I say so myself :) ) with a retail price of $15.99.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=5438

There have been some requests for signed copies, so here is how I will be offering that--

I'll have to order some copies, which I'll do this weekend, and have them sent to me. While they are being shipped, I'll set up an e-store system on my blog/s where the books can be ordered and shipping and personalized information can be included.

I'll head to the post office and figure out the most cost-effective way to ship them and then list the total price.

If you want them personally autographed, ie "To Ken, Mayor of Cast Boolits USA," just include that in the shipping info and I'll make it happen.

Appreciate everyone's interest and support on this whole thing. It's been a pretty cool ride, although it has cut severely into my casting and reloading time. . .

:coffee:

gray wolf
05-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Holy Cow batman !!!
I had no idea about any of this, I am a mushroom in the dark.
JD Julie and I wish you the very, very best with your book.
I am sure it has a lot to say, and said well I am sure.
My friend I am proud of you.

Sam

fishhawk
05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Sam I have read the book you will not go wrong reading this book it's outstanding! steve k

gray wolf
05-23-2012, 05:39 PM
I hope I can open the cover on it, I am sure it's a great read.

SharpsShooter
05-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Hot diggity! Paper and ink!

SS

longranger
05-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Having read your book and have signed copies of several books from other authors I would honored to purchase a signed copy.

dsbock
05-24-2012, 03:35 PM
The blurb on Amazon caught my interest (it showed up in my suggestions) and the chance of a signed copy solidified my intent. Expect a request soon.

Considering your hobbies, it will be a nice change to read a book with the firearm details accurately portrayed.

Thanks.

David

gray wolf
05-24-2012, 04:32 PM
I hope it goes into a second and third printing.
Who better than one of our own. Yippy

Ford SD
05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
What is the chance to get a book shipped north of the border?

found it at amazon.com but

Amazon.ca has nothing even tried ISBN #

looks like its not north of the border ???:confused:

Recluse
05-24-2012, 08:21 PM
What is the chance to get a book shipped north of the border?

found it at amazon.com but

Amazon.ca has nothing even tried ISBN #

looks like its not north of the border ???:confused:

I'll make that happen for you.

We're on Amazon in the UK, Europe and elsewhere. Weird that we're not on the Amazon Canada site. We're also on Borders/Australia, so not sure what the deal is.

No matters. It's going to take a few weeks to get the books ordered, shipped and to the house so I can start signing them and sending them out. I'll make an announcement here when I get them in.

:coffee:

Doc Highwall
05-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Recluse, I would like a signed copy as well. Thank You!

Hamish
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Recluse, as I do not see a way to order one with the author's name, I would like to procure a "defaced" copy also. @(;^]#>:::

Bullet Caster
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Way to go JD. When's the movie comming out? Lol. Oh yeah, I'd like a signed copy also. BC

shdwlkr
05-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Recluse
Let me know when you have copies to sign