PDA

View Full Version : Another Pewter Find

Sasquatch-1
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Thought I had made a good buy today. That is until I told my wife about the candle stick. I is a Williamsburg Stiefe. Now she is seizing it for her own collection. Paid $2.12 w/tax for the candle stick and a quarter for the stien.

captaint
05-23-2012, 02:33 PM
My wife got looking at my monotype one time and she says "look at all these neat letters and stuff. Next thing, she has, like 5 lbs tucked aside for ???????????. She never saw it again. enjoy Mike

Sasquatch-1
05-24-2012, 07:33 AM
I have noticed that after I get it home I have a hard time melting it down. The Candle stick, which is around 2 lbs, will almost assuredly end up decorating a piece of furniture somewhere in the house. I haven't quite decided on the stien.

Lonely Raven
05-24-2012, 08:43 AM
LOL, around here, they wanted $5 to $8 for a Stein like that.

I don't bother with the candlestick holders since I'm afraid they will be full of llama poo.

Sasquatch-1
05-24-2012, 08:58 AM
The stein came from The Salvation Army thrift store. In Martinsburg, it is just a large garage style loading dock behind their church. From what I understand I got lucky to find them open. Kind of a volunteers office hours thing. Looked for other things and couldn't find anything worth the time.

clodhopper
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM
That candle stick is just an ingot with an appealing shape. You can always melt it later.
There are a few beautiful ingots gathering dust around my house too.