PDA

View Full Version : A lasting thought

crabo
05-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Now that I'm older and getting long in the tooth, I have spent the last few months becoming more involved with reading the Bible. On a weekly basis I usually acquire a revelation from my biblical studies.

This week's revelation:

While creating women, God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world.

And then, God smiled and made the earth round ...

condorjohn
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
And that's how it all started...

Southern Son
05-23-2012, 04:06 AM
I got invited to a wife swapping party once. I asked what I would be swapping her for and got told another wife. I said "I know that the chances are slim, but what if I got a worse one, will you let me swap back?" They must be pretty worried about how bad my wife is cause I never got another invite.

smoked turkey
05-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I took particular note of the creation account in Genesis. As I recall it goes something like this: God created the earth and everything in it in five days and God rested. On the sixth day he created man and He rested. He then made woman and since then neither God or man have rested...

wv109323
05-24-2012, 07:34 PM
God created man and breathed into him the breath of life. God took the rib of man and created the loudspeaker.

Bullet Caster
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
^I agree with the above post 100%. BC

EDK
05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Some things to remember dealing with the fair sex.

When guys discuss a problem with you, they cut to the chase and want solutions. When most women discuss a problem, they want empathy/sympathy before you go for solutions.

If you don't understands cats...most guys don't; dogs are easier to deal with..you may have problems dealing with women. You need to let them set the agenda. If they want to sit in your lap and be petted, take advantage of the privilege and enjoy. If they want space, give it to them and find something else for yourself to do.

I see three male to female relationships. 1st is someone to run and play with; that's the easy one to find. 2nd is someone who is your friend; that get's a lot harder. 3d is someone who combines both of the others; few and far between. (The currents Mrs. Ed and I are adjusting to my retirement, fixed income, and a lot of other issues that are stressing both of us; hopefully back to that good relationship soon.)

I divorced my ex 31 December 1975...no children; no ties; alimony for a year. I last talked to her in late 1977 AFTER getting married to someone else. She contacted me a couple weeks ago and we talked for several hours; traded email and cell phone numbers. We met at an outdoor restaraunt (either could get up and walk away; had the staff for referees/witnesses if things went bad!) a week later and talked about some of the issues that drove us apart...that were never discussed (abuse in her childhood, etc.) We're cautiously becoming better friends than we were before... both of us have a spouse of 15 years+...and getting rid of old issues. IF is definitely the biggest word in any language; that failed marriage effected the rest of our lives, careers, etc.

God has blessed me with people who like/love me. Some of them have come and gone; some have re-appeared after years and it was like I saw them yesterday; Others will only be memories. A hug from someone you thought you would never see again...let alone on a friendly basis...is priceless.

:redneck::cbpour::guntootsmiley: