PDA

View Full Version : USPS shipping problem????

abunaitoo
05-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Just got a email from a person who bought a box of shells from me.
It was sent USPS flat rate box.
It was opened and missing shells.
His is the first one, out of nine, that had this problem.
Anyone else having this problems????
Any solutions?????

I'm send him some more shells to try to make things right.
Not my fault, but it's definitely not his.

jcwit
05-20-2012, 03:52 PM
My experience with the USPS has always been positive, and I get my packages in 3 days from just about anywhere in the continental U.S.

Frankly it amazes me they are able to ship and deliver the number of pieces of mail they do in the time and condition that do.

frkelly74
05-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Once in a while things do not go as planned, But overall they are pretty good. I have been doubling up on the packaging when I think it might be better, and use a lot of tape.

Hamish
05-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Bag the contents with the thought that the box will come open and then tape anywhere it possibly could,,,,

mooman76
05-20-2012, 06:38 PM
See if there was a tracking label on the box and report it. My P.O. has been putting tracking labels on all packages lately. I think to see where they have problems. Report it either way. Not much they can do at this point but they can't do anything if nothing is said.

41 mag fan
05-20-2012, 06:43 PM
tell the post master there was money in that package, and it was missing. They really sit up and take notice when they get complaints like that.

captain-03
05-20-2012, 07:33 PM
tell the post master there was money in that package, and it was missing. They really sit up and take notice when they get complaints like that.

Yep - tell them a lie ... :groner:

GRUMPA
05-20-2012, 07:59 PM
I sent a box to someone here way back about almost a year ago and was broken open and some of the contents missing. Ever since I tape the krap out of the boxes now and so far so good.

oldred
05-20-2012, 08:16 PM

I think you probably meant well but it would be a good idea to think again before doing that since it would be a serious offense if they can prove otherwise, they probably can't but then who knows? Really, would it be worth the risk?

oneokie
05-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Just got a email from a person who bought a box of shells from me.
It was sent USPS flat rate box.
It was opened and missing shells.
His is the first one, out of nine, that had this problem.
Anyone else having this problems????
Any solutions?????

I'm send him some more shells to try to make things right.
Not my fault, but it's definitely not his.

What kind of shells? Ammunition or sea shells? If it was ammunition, you may get a knock on your door.

Wayne Smith
05-20-2012, 09:13 PM
If it was ammo sent legally ORMD ask your postmaster to notify the Postal Inspector. They will investigate ammo, believe me.

KYCaster
05-20-2012, 10:02 PM
If it was ammo sent legally ORMD ask your postmaster to notify the Postal Inspector. They will investigate ammo, believe me.

You can't legally send ammo through the US mail, so yes, they will definitely investigate.

Jerry

DevilDog83
05-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Over the last 6 years I've never had a problem, starting 2 months ago, different story, things got soo bad that I have regretfully stopped Selling lead here, just can't guarantee it will arrive, even with tracking and Insurance, I have the complaint case #'s to back it up

Springfield
05-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Hate to say it but it might be a packaging problem. I bought some empty brass from someone here a few months ago and the brass was in a sandwich bag inside the Flat Rate box. No extra tape on the outside, good thing the glue on the box held, but I sure never rely on it. Needless to say they were all loose by the time I got the package. Pack tight and use lots of tape.

knifemaker
05-21-2012, 12:00 AM
I have shipped over 100 custom knives via USPS small priorty boxes over the past several years and only one problem. They delivered it to the wrong house. It was supposed to go to #### Harbor st. and they delivered it to the same number on Harbor Ave. Lucky those people were honest and contacted the buyer to come and get his custom $250.00 knife.

I always tape the outside to insure it will not break open with rough handling and purchase insurance and tracking. So far they have a rate of 99% with me for deliverly and 100% for no damage to contents. Most customers, even across the states receive their knife in 3 days.

Jim
05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I'll share a tip:

Pack the box FULL! If there's a cubic inch of space left, cram it full of crushed newsprint, anything that will take up space. Then tape the livin' dog snot out of it, including double taping the corners. A few cents worth of tape can eliminate a lot of problems.

Trust me, shipping 65+ pounders all over the states, I learned the hard way.

gray wolf
05-21-2012, 07:24 PM
A while back--I would say perhaps 6-7 months ago I was helping my friend Clyde
sell his dads reloading things. Much of it was sold here.
Well someone wanted two boxes of 308 bullets. they were bran spanking new bullets in the hornady factory boxes.
They would not fit in a small flat rate box, so we put them in a little zip lock,
folded the boxes and filled the empty space.
Julie and I did this together so I know how they were packed.
The gentlemen got the box--said it was still sealed but looked like a do-over on the tape. -- no bullets, empty bullet boxes but no bullets.
Men I have no reason in the world to cheat anyone, least of all a member here,
No, better yet, NO ONE.
I still feel bad about this in my heart, we did the PO thing and so did he, no help.
Sometimes I go to bed thinking he may have thought I scammed him,
I am sure he does not feel that way, but I do.
Knowing our money situation he insisted for us to forget it, quite the man.
I hope someday I can make it up to him.
I hope he reads this and knows if he needs any 45 ACP, or 32 ACP, or 40 S&W
bullets I would be happy to send him some. I have looked but his PM has been scrubbed from my box.
So yes crapolla happens, most things get through OK for us but there is always the slime bucket out there that thinks everything belongs to them.
Was not a happy thing for us.