PDA

View Full Version : Weaver V9-W question?

Freightman
05-19-2012, 07:20 PM
I was given a steel tube Weaver no scratches on the body, and looks like it has never been mounted. Question when were these made? it is one made in the USA and is a 3x9. It needs a screw in the rear objective it is very small, and was wondering where to start looking?

looseprojectile
05-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I put on my 375 H&H #1 Ruger has a knurled knob with a screw in it just below and between the 6 & 9.
If your knob is missing you could probably find somrthing to fit the threads in a camera shop where they repair cameras.
Mine has a three sixteenths inch diameter quarter inch long knurled knob with an allen screw through the middle. Is the handle to turn the power ring.

Life is good

flounderman
05-19-2012, 08:27 PM
I have had several v series weavers with problems. lens separations and the power change is a spiral slotted tube that is thinly made and distorts. weaver doesn't repair them. the screw being gone could have released the nitrogen.

HangFireW8
05-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Your options include Weaver Repair Service of El Paso TX (former Weaver employees) or buy a junker for parts off of eBay or a gun show.

Weaver Scope Repair Service

1121 Larry Mahan Drive

Suite B

El Paso, TX 79925

915-593-1005