PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother B-day...little long

dk17hmr
04-15-2007, 11:43 PM
My older brother Zac is turning 22 here in a few days. Some brothers dont get along and fight all the time, not us, we have always been close and if we fight it is only because of different opinions on some sort of work we are doing in the shop even then our "fights" last about a minute and then we are back to working together.

I dont want to say Zac isnt much of an outdoorsman but he isnt like me. He races quads for fun where as I shoot rifles and bow. This past season he was getting jealous of all the bucks I was seeing and shooting during bow season, he only rifle hunted, until now. I set him up with my old bow and got him shooting pretty good at 15 yards, set him in my best stand and the first deer he drew on he killed with a 25 yards shot. Although it wasnt a big deer it didnt matter, I could tell he was hooked by the tone of his voice. He kept saying he has never been that close to a deer in the wild.

I was talkin to one of my best friends who now shoots competition bow, he is getting rid of one of his old hunting bows because he upgraded, I asked how much he wanted for it Kris said $100 for you ready to hunt, sights, rest, quiver, new string, the works except arrows and a release. Didnt think much of it at the time, then today I was putting my Compound back in its case after shooting, and that little deer Zac killed last year came to mind. So I called Kris back up and told him to drop off that bow so I can give it to Zac for his birthday.

Gentlemen I will have a new bow hunting partner come fall....

trooperdan
04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
That is a good story Doug!

Halfbreed
04-19-2007, 01:41 AM
excellant, way to bring another into the stick and string hunting.
John