PDA

View Full Version : looking for wood grip panels for Sig 220

scrapcan
04-15-2007, 08:43 PM
I am looking for a set of orignial wood grip panels for a Sig 220. This is an early model with 3 proof marks on slide on under side of dust shield. The sig does not look right with the hogue grips. And I would like to find a set of orignals to see what it looks like.

KCSO
04-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Every P220 I have had in has had plastic grips. I think the wood ones were special order. I can't find anything but Houge special order ones.

scrapcan
04-16-2007, 03:50 PM
KSCO,

I too was not able to find anything but the hard plastic "US Model OEM" or hogue grips. The picture from an old advertisement for the early guns shows one with oem wood grips.

I was sure one of you guys would be able to tell me if they are scarce as hens teeth or were never even available.

Do you have any comments on the gun itself? Good points, weak points, current value? It is excellent shape other than it has hogue grips that make it too large form comfortable use by me. If it had no finger grooves on the front strap it would be a better fit.

KCSO
04-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Carried and shot one for a long time and had no problems with it. It shot whatever I put in it and shot to point of aim. Depending on ammo groups ran from excellent to just under mediocre. I have found that if you find the load they like the SIG's are extremely accurate, but they are some fussy. I used my 220 as a second gun and although I had to qual with it twice a year it was mostly shot for fun as my main carry piece was /is a 1911. I will say this though, the ammo that was too grungy or cruddy for the 1911 went through the SIG without a hitch.