PDA

View Full Version : good deal for the grandaughter = not gun related

Lloyd Smale
05-17-2012, 07:26 AM
my grandkids love to race motocross just like there grandpa did back when he had a body. Last year i bought the youngest a ktm 50 that was only a year old. This year the grandaughter wants to start. I didnt have much extra money so i started looking around for a used bike. Found a 06 kawasaki kx65 on craigs list localy for 700 bucks that was supposidly in good shape. Went last night to look at it and it looked more like a one year old bike then a 6 year old bike. Plastic was hardly scratched. Only thing i could find a bit wrong with it was it needs a new back tire soon. Cool thing was when we were about to leave with it the kids mother asked if we wanted a box of riding gear that didnt fit him anymore. I said sure and threw it on the truck. Got home and in it was a chest protector a pair of motocross boots, a helmet, a pair of motocross pants and a set of elbow pads all in great shape. A good 300 bucks worth of stuff free. Probably the best deal i ever made!

KCSO
05-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Chest protector, pants??? Oh boy I remember running SCRAMBLES with nothing but a helmet and luck. Do you remember the Kawasakki 238 Green Streak?

missionary5155
05-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Good morning
Still riding a 1992 KDX 200 2 stroke every Tuesday up to 11,000 and down several passes getting to Yalaca Valley services. About a month ago could have used a shin shield.. Got smacked with a rock crossing a dry gultch on the right shin bone. Even with Blizzard coveralls and Blue geans it swelled up to a half tennis ball at impact spot. Flipped up rocks from front tires can be harzardess to ones kick starting capacities.
Mike in Peru

Lloyd Smale
05-18-2012, 05:49 AM
yup back when i raced it was jeans a long sleave shirt and an open faced helmet and maybe goggles. But then i can remember guys i raced with that were missing teeth and i can remember some good rock hits to the chest myself. I chuckle at young kids riding bycicles with helmets on but when it comes to racing dirt bikes I wish we would have had that stuff available.
Chest protector, pants??? Oh boy I remember running SCRAMBLES with nothing but a helmet and luck. Do you remember the Kawasakki 238 Green Streak?