PDA

View Full Version : Untruthful phone sales

hardy
05-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Hi all,anybody here had dealings with Wideners?Called them re.my order for small rifle primers,credit card was debited two weeks prior and got the "were busy,behind in shipping".I specifically asked if my order had been pulled and was just waiting to be packed & shipped .Answer was Yes,it,ll be shipped this weekend,so I thanked them.etc Today I get an email "Were out of stock and issuing a credit"All this a week after my call...!!!Why can,t they be upfront,now I,m a week behind looking elsewhere Rant over OH yes ,my cash will be going to any one BUT WIDENERS henceforth!!!!!!MIke

Mal Paso
05-17-2012, 12:10 AM
I've found Grafs to be about the same price. They ship within a day or 2. Packaging is excellent and they have always sent the same powder lot when I order multiple kegs.

41 mag fan
05-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Grafs and Powder Valley are much better to deal with than Wideners. But when in need, I'll buy from them if they are the only ones showing in stock on my items.

Just a couple months ago, it took them almost a month to ship my primers to me. said they were behind.

milprileb
05-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Grafs: beyond being a sponsor, I find their service and prices (with CR discount) to be second to none.

Grafs focuses on reloading and it shows. They also don't play the Midway game of taking scamming you for shipping charges. Grafs ships lowest cost for shipping

Screwbolts
05-17-2012, 08:35 AM
First, I do not represent or have any association with any of the suppliers of fire arm related goodies.

hardy, I feel your pain, but please try to understand that in today's economy, there are many things beyound the control of retailers.

Ken

ku4hx
05-17-2012, 09:04 AM
When things like this happen, the best thing to do is exactly what you did: state the situation, let people know how frustrated it made you and then vote with your pocketbook and buy elsewhere.

Don't know about Grafs, but Powder Valley has always been very good on customer service, price and delivery.

bobthenailer
05-17-2012, 09:10 AM
A++ on Grafs service , prices & shipping !!

largom
05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
My last order to Wideners took almost 30 days to receive, they did not answer emails or give shipping notice. Like I said, it was my LAST order.

Larry

Lance Boyle
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
This is a bit disheartening as I've always had good luck with Wideners and found them to be fair and decent retailers. They really shouldn't have told you your order was pulled if they didn't know it to be true. Would have been more honest to say it should be but I can't tell through the system, which I'm sure is probably true. I'm betting they forward the pick sheet on best estimate inventory which now also probably is up to 30 days out of date. When the picker finally gets to that sheet the shelve for item y is already empty. that's a crappy way to run everyday. Sure once in awhile you'll have it happen but it seems to be standard there now. They'll buy better software or upgrade their in house method or lose business.

They've always been a small/medium size company. Too bad as those Tennessee ladies were always darlings on the phone.

ETA- lately my orders have been going to Graf's or Midway simply because Widener's online product line is much more limited in scope than the two other companies mentioned. 30 days wait when I only have 3 months of sunshine in northern NY doesn't cut it.

odfairfaxsub
05-17-2012, 09:36 AM
one time i ordered like 10-15 k of primers from grafs and tried to find a mold i was looking for and grafs didnt have it so i just had grafs ship me the primers. that same night i ordered a mold or two from wideners. i received the hazardous shipment from grafs in 1 week for say and wideners the 2nd week. no way ill ever buy from wideners unless its something really special.

Char-Gar
05-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I have been dealing with Graf's for many years now. I stoped using Midway even though they were a smidge cheaper. Midway cherry picked their stock from the maker's inventory to include only the best selling items. At Graf's if a maker produced it, Graf's had it. Their prices were reasonable and customer service top notch.

I don't know anything about Powder Valley having never delt with them.

Muddydogs
05-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I have been dealing with Graf's for many years now. I stoped using Midway even though they were a smidge cheaper. Midway cherry picked their stock from the maker's inventory to include only the best selling items. At Graf's if a maker produced it, Graf's had it. Their prices were reasonable and customer service top notch.

I don't know anything about Powder Valley having never delt with them.

really? I can't find anything at Graf's. There web site sucks and they don't have the inventory that Midway dose that is if Midway has it in stock.

jonk
05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Wideners usually has the best prices on Wolf primers, period. I don't mind waiting as they are up front about shipping taking awhile. I also got a really nice K-11 carbine from them. However, if I want it fast, I'm not ordering from them. Also- their sight is somewhat antiquated in navigation, products sometimes hard to find. B+ rating overall.

Grafs might be fair on shipping... IF you order enough to avoid their rather large minimum order fee ($100 I think).

Midway is ok.

My favorite though is midsouth. Usually the best prices on molds, sizers, etc., fast, reasonable shipping.

Mal Paso
05-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Grafs might be fair on shipping... IF you order enough to avoid their rather large minimum order fee ($100 I think).

Nope! $5.95 shipping per order in the US. Plus $27.50 Hazmat for powder/primers. I couldn't find a minimum anywhere.

Besides If you don't have 48 pounds in that Hazmat Box you aren't a true penny pinching Caster. :kidding:

handyman25
05-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Grafs has been good to me.

Jack Stanley
05-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Wideners is one of those that has earned a never again from me , if Graf or Natchez doesn't have an item , I'll wait . There are lots of other distributors to call on that do a very good job . Saving a couple cents doesn't help me a bit if the seller is going to be a pain about getting items out the door .

Jack

Shuz
05-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Wideners is one of those that has earned a never again from me , if Graf or Natchez doesn't have an item , I'll wait . There are lots of other distributors to call on that do a very good job . Saving a couple cents doesn't help me a bit if the seller is going to be a pain about getting items out the door .

Jack

Years ago I had a bad experience with Wideners when I ordered several 8 lb jugs of Green Dot because of their great price. I waited months AFTER my check was cashed before the powder finally arrived. I believe they are not not worth the aggrevation, and I won't deal with them again.

John Boy
05-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Widener has inventory availability and employee issues in the pick - packing side of the business. UPS -USPS - FedX and DHL will be at your door when called .... if your accounts with them are paid up!

SHIPPING DELAYS ARE TO BE EXPECTED: 4-6 BUSINESS DAYS ON NON-HAZMAT ORDERS.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT HAZ-MAT ORDERS ARE RUNNING ABOUT 18-20 BUSINESS DAYS DELAYED!***
http://www.wideners.com/

hardy
05-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Widener has inventory availability and employee issues in the pick - packing side of the business. UPS -USPS - FedX and DHL will be at your door when called .... if your accounts with them are paid up!

http://www.wideners.com/

Hi John Boy,sounds like a lash up to me!LOL! I don,t like being told little porkies,but then I,m just old and opinionated.Have a nice day...Mike

40Super
05-18-2012, 01:21 PM
years ago I used to buy from them, don't remember much issues but most of the times I looked for something online, they were "out of stock", so I quit looking. Most of what I get comes from Grafs or Powder Valley, if desperate Midway(shipping charge is rediculous).

Last fall I was looking for an odd die set that only Redding made, called Redding , they reffered Grafs, well the lady on the phone at Grafs told me they didn't have one and it looked like a 3 month "special order" from Redding. I said I will keep looking for now, four days later ,the gal called back and said she found a set at some little gunshop somewhere and if I wanted it yet they would drop ship it to me. That was good service that I didn't even ask them to do !!

ColColt
05-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Graf's and Midway have been good for me and it doesn't take two weeks or more for it to get to you like Widner's.

Hardcast416taylor
05-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I have ordered from all the above mentioned suppliers at one time or another. Over the last few years I have noticed that Midway ships in the largest boxes possible, irregardless of how big your item seems to be for the most shipping kickback possible for them. I`ll order from Natchez, Graf`s or MidSouth first and Midway only if I`m desperate for something or have a gun aimed at me. I stopped ordering from Widner`s for the same reasons as others have stated.Robert

arcticbreeze
05-19-2012, 09:57 PM
The firearms related industries have it real good right now with the current political climate and panic type buying. It is unfortunate to see companies that at one time had great customer service fall in to this mentality. Like someone else already said all you can do is vote with your pocket book. It won't last forever and when demand drops it will be the companies that understand the importance of good customer service that will survive.

Just my humble opinion......Marc