PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what's up with CBE Australia?

jonk
05-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I see they are 'shipping all placed orders' and 'selling old stock', but not taking new orders. Hope it's just a move or something, they make VERY nice molds.

JeffinNZ
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Jim is having three months off. When last I spoke with on using Skype he was a bit low and considering his options. Jim is retiring age and weighing up whether to keep this running. Would be shame to lose his skills.

leadman
05-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Three months off should be a help to him. Not too long that he will forget about the shop and the people.

I've been off for almost 5 years and am not ready (or willing) to go back to work!

blackthorn
05-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I retired (for the third time) about three years ago. Periodically I think about going back to work but after a few minutes of contemplation --- sanity prevails!

Echo
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
I retired (for the third time) about three years ago. Periodically I think about going back to work but after a few minutes of contemplation --- sanity prevails!

I've found that when thoughts like this crop up there are two ways to deal with them.
1. Lie down and take a nap (daytime).
2. A tumbler with 4 ice cubes, an olive, and filled with Bombay Sapphire (evening).

quasi
05-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I would not want to compete with Mihec, N.O.E., Mountain Molds, Accurate, Ballisticast, LBT ...

Norbrat
05-21-2012, 10:33 PM
I would not want to compete with Mihec, N.O.E., Mountain Molds, Accurate, Ballisticast, LBT ...

What's to compete?

Jim's order books have been filled for years, if not at least a decade. I don't remember him ever being able to offer delivery less than at least 6 weeks.

He's probably taking time off because he is overwhelmed with the amount of work.

quasi
05-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Oh, I guess that is a possibility as well.

JeffinNZ
05-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Compete! HA! You show me a mould maker that can compete with Jim when it comes to .303 Brit and .310 Cadet.