PDA

View Full Version : ignot pans shapes

corvette8n
04-15-2007, 01:18 PM
googled up a few interesting cast iron pans for molds

jhalcott
04-15-2007, 04:20 PM
I like the "bread stick" pans. The ingots fit in the pot so much easier than the lee type ingots.

DLCTEX
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
+1 for the corn bread. Dale

Uncle Grinch
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I use different ingot type for my different alloys. For example, WW are muffins, corn sticks are lino, Lyman ingots are hard alloy and Lee ingots are soft alloys.

This way I can identify my lead alloys with a quick glance.

jhalcott
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I've got to find a few more stick pans! I have 1 that makes 11 ingots about 2 1/2 pounds each. They are smooth like italian bread sticks, not the corn bread style. I'd take one or two of those any way.

Tom W.
04-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Been using the corn bread for lead and babbitt for years. I finally bought a Lyman ingot mold to use when I obtained a bunch of WW.

The little fishies look interesting.

There is a cast Iron mini- frying pan looking thing from Lodge that is available at Wal-mart, that is touted as a spoon holder or ashtray, whichever, and it fits just nice under my Lee leadpot, so if the nozzle starts to leak it will drip into the pan, and when filled with wrinkled boolits and covered with molten metal the ingot it makes fits into the pot just fine!

Crash_Corrigan
04-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I bought 8 at bass pro sporting goods here in Vegas.
each kicks out a 2 1/2 lb ingot. they stack real good and take up little space. The are sold as a promotion for the store and are used for an ash tray. They cool real fast and I handle them with a small pair of vise grips and of course heavy gloves. I paid $2 apiece and I have a life time supply with only 8.
Crahs

carpetman
04-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Using those duck shaped ingots,you'd get a lot of fliers.

Uncle R.
04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
I use different ingot type for my different alloys. For example, WW are muffins, corn sticks are lino, Lyman ingots are hard alloy and Lee ingots are soft alloys.

This way I can identify my lead alloys with a quick glance.

Dang! That's a good idea...
Years and years of casting and marking my ding-banged ingots and trying to keep track of what's what...
Why didn't I think of that?
:roll:
This board is great!
Uncle R.

Navahojoe
04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I have one of the little fishie cast iron pans but use it for hushpuppies instead when \cooking fish For ingots, I found a mini muffin pan at the goodwill store for $1 and the ingots fit the Lee 10lb pot just right.
regards,
NavahoJoe

:castmine: