PDA

View Full Version : Can I send brass to Canada?

trooperdan
04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey guys,

I have some brass for sale and a Canadian is interested in it. Does anyone know if I can send brass into Canada? I can check with the USPS and / or UPS for the export rules.. that alone might stop the deal!

Thanks guys

Dan

SharpsShooter
04-15-2007, 01:29 PM
You do have to fill out a customs form. Call em brass pieces and git er done.

Ss

versifier
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Maybe "machine parts"?

NVcurmudgeon
04-16-2007, 02:11 AM
I sent one sectioned .303 case to Steve Redgewell of the .303 Page and called it a "brass tube." I got away with that one so I sold a boolit mould to a Canadian. I caled the mould a "tool." I sent both of those USPS, and the helpful people at the Post Office helped me with the customs declaration. I think the moral of this story is to avoid provocative words.

Boz330
04-16-2007, 12:23 PM
It is legal as long as it isn't primed. When I used to send brass overseas I just called it brass extrusions (not a falsehood), to avoid someone questioning it.

Bob

trooperdan
04-16-2007, 12:35 PM
OK, thanks guys! My Canadian friend says he routinely orders brass from Midway and such so it must be OK.

JeffinNZ
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
It's all in the description.

Barrel = projection tube with inner angular mouldings.
Cases = brass fire containment device.
Cast bullets = remote hole punch, lead extrusions, fishing sinkers.

Personally I really like "machine parts" as suggested. Covers just about anything and everything.

Some might say all this is dishonest but really it's all about interpretation. For example, to Joe Public the word "lock" means a device for keeping honest people out. To me, the first thing that I think of is a mechanism off a flint or caplock MLer.

Well, that's my defense anyway. [smilie=1: