PDA

View Full Version : Well it happned after 10 years!

Freightman
05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
My old lawn mower (TORO) drive finally got unfix-able, so went to Sears and got another mower, it is a Craftsman* but just like my neighbors new TORO* and they had a sale saved me $98 over a TORO*. This will be my last mower as I used the other to mow up to ten yards a week all those years , I have quit that as of the end of last season. I enjoy mowing but not with a push mower which the TORO * was without the drive, the motor still starts first time every time. My son is taking it to his lake place to mow what little he has to mow there. Mowers haven't went up as I paid the same for the new one that I paid for the old and both have Made in USA engines, have no idea where the rest of it is made. I can't add ether I bought the old mower in '93 that is 19 years not 10 DUH

3band53
05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
I am Freightman's son how much do you want for those parts if you have them.
3band53

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
PM sent.

Mk42gunner
05-15-2012, 11:54 AM
My ten or so year old Murray needed a carburetor, and the lower shaft seal is leaking a bit; so I was looking for another. I went to a farm auction that had "several push mowers" on the sale bill.

The Craftsman that matched my Murray was locked up, so I wasn't to disappointed when the first bidder took it and another mower. I got a 1989 vintage 2-stroke Toro for $20.00, with the bag and discharge chute attachment.

After cleaning the mouse nest out of the air cleaner I got it running, sort of. Two cans of carb cleaner later the carb is clean and everything works, the blade clutch and three speed transission work very smoothly.

Now all I have to do is fix the leaking seam on the gas tank, no way am I going to spend $75.00 on a mower I gave twenty bucks for. I already have almost as much in parts as I gave for the mower.

The tank looks like it is made of ABS plastic, anybody think ABS glue will fix it?

Robert

docone31
05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
There is an epoxy for that kind of plastic.
It is in two black tubes and found at the auto parts store.
Those machines are good. Good find!

geargnasher
05-16-2012, 03:00 AM
I just put the goats out into the yard when it's time to mow. When all the weeds are down enough that I can see all the old vehicles again, I put the goats back in the pen. No epoxy required.

:kidding:

I'm really not THAT redneck! I do have a Toro string trimmer, best piece of power equipment I own.

Gear

41 mag fan
05-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Goat meat is pretty tasty.
Always enjoyed the Brady goat cook off when I was living down there.

I don't mow the yard. Haven't mowed in over 3 yrs now.
Yard starts getting a little tall, I go out and start up the mower in the garage, I hear a thumping of pounding feet in the house, door opens up, I see the evil eyes of my wife glaring at me. I p*ss straight down my leg, shut off the mower, go change my underwear.
While I'm changing my underwear, I hear the mower start up.
I come out of the bedroom, go to the fridge, grab a beer, and head for the front deck and sit in the patio chair.
Wife comes by on rider, I wave and smile, she gives me that evil eye glare.

I take a swig of beer, smile to myself...thinking.....LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Lee
05-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Wanna trade wives????:kidding:

41 mag fan
05-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Wanna trade wives????:kidding:

Sorry I just couldn't do something like that to anyone. I'm keeping the evil eye at bay, by being the only one subjected to such horrible looks. Basically I'M saving mankind!! :bigsmyl2:

ErikO
05-18-2012, 04:35 PM
I just have a Briggs & Stratton stepchild no-name mower and so far it doesn't quit. Might have to let the deadman's switch sit for a bit before it shuts down, but it's not got assisted propulsion so I don't care. ;)