PDA

View Full Version : Venison steaks at the mall.

starmac
05-14-2012, 03:29 AM
– After becoming disoriented and wandering into the city of Moorhead, Minn., over the weekend, a herd of deer panicked and crashed into windows and doors at the local mall, police said.

Police were called Saturday morning when about six Whitetail deer had become disoriented in the city of 40,000 people in northwestern Minnesota, the Grand Forks Herald reported.

The deer then ran into the Moorhead Center Mall, with one dying after it crashed through a large window at the center. Another was accidentally run over by a minivan nearby. According to WDAY-TV, the driver took the dead deer home for dinner.

Moorhead police officer Josh Schroder told the station, "This is one of the most interesting things I have seen since I have been up here and I have been up here for seven years."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/13/herd-deer-crashes-into-minnesota-mall/?test=latestnews#ixzz1upKT7iJZ

x101airborne
05-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Holy crud..... I dont know what is more funny......
The deer got "disoriented and ran into the mall"? Yall must have some real good plants growing in the forrest. Did they smell the fresh pretzel vender?
"This is one of the most interesting things I have seen..... seven years"? You guys do a lot of cow-tipping, dont yall?
Too funny!!!!

Hickory
05-14-2012, 08:07 AM
A few years ago a deer crashed through the window of a down town pizza shop near here.
Police were called and resulted in a dead deer and no venison pizza on the menu.

41 mag fan
05-14-2012, 08:34 AM
We had a buck about 6-7 yrs ago, crashed into a TV store on the square downtown. Sure tore up alot of plasma and LCD Tv's. After trashing the store, it went back out the window it came into to. Luckily the store had 24 hr monitoring that caught it all on video

snuffy
05-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Tis the season! The does are dropping fawns, so they drive away the yearling from last year. Many of them don't know how to survive on their own, they go where the mother would never lead them. A lot of dead deer on the interstate right now.