PDA

View Full Version : The downside to casting your own .....oops !

Digger
05-13-2012, 11:30 AM
All I have for a man cave is one end of the existing shed on my property .... a little room that was enclosed inside the structure , about 8' by 15' .
Think it was thrown together rather hastily ( think the previous owner wanted to grow pot in it ) .....and my stash of lead has grown on one end , contained in milk crates on the existing concrete slab .
Looked close the other day .... that corner of the shed /slab is sinking !!! cracked the slab ....:shock:
Been having so much fun ... forgot about the possible results of having it all in one spot , the slab is probably thin any way ...
Inside the ol" beater shed , no biggie ... :rolleyes:
Small price to pay for so much enjoyment ....

digger

Stick_man
05-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, Digger, that is going to be a HUGE problem. Sinking slabs, cracked concrete, next thing you know you are going to have a full blown sink hole there. :kidding: Better send all that lead to me so you can get that area properly prepared for storing lead. Wouldn't want you and your mancave to disappear, never to be seen or heard from again.

Where are the pics?

Love Life
05-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Howdy Digger!! I am closer than Stick Man so I can save you on shipping!

Digger
05-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Howdy Digger!! I am closer than Stick Man so I can save you on shipping!

You guy's have me rollin out of my chair laughing so hard ....nice to have friends around to help a person in need ...[smilie=1:
Click the link:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg517/leepress1/P1020199.jpg
The crack comes out from under the chainsaw , loops around to under the yellow soda can box on the lower left...think if you look real close , you can barely make it out ...oh well ...think the place was originally a chicken shed in the early days...

digger

WVHunter129
05-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow digger that is a stack of lead!!! You could send me some to help relieve the pressure. You see I am saying some, not like Stick Man who wants it all. Hey Stick Man, this is Juddie from the Room!! You know where. I am just poking fun at you!

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

GRUMPA
05-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Digger,

I only wish I had your problem.

41 mag fan
05-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I'll take it one step better...send it to me and I'll pay 1/2 on shipping!!! that is what I call an :awesome: offer !!:bigsmyl2:

No_1
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
The lead is not your problem. it is all that junk on and under the shelf to the right of it. Gotta get the priority straight [smilie=l:

Digger
05-13-2012, 02:47 PM
The lead is not your problem. it is all that junk on and under the shelf to the right of it. Gotta get the priority straight [smilie=l:

Yeah .... that's it ! .... gotta get my priorities in order .... :mrgreen:

bobthenailer
05-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Ok ! you have about 2 to 3 years supply MAX, then what?

Stick_man
05-13-2012, 02:52 PM
:holysheep Wow, seems like some folk around here think all I wanted was a little free lead. So, at the risk of being outclassed by the other helpful souls around here, I'll profess my true desire to help you out of your predicament and even offer to meet you half way. Really, all I had was your best interest at heart.:bigsmyl2: ;)

Tell ya what... throw in the JPW and I'll even come pick it up to save you the shipping. Better do it pretty quickly though, I think I just saw that crack widen a little. Hate to have you lose a good chainsaw in that abyss.

Able 5
05-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Digger, you are my inspiration. Guess I'll have to keep mining!

Digger
05-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Ok ! you have about 2 to 3 years supply MAX, then what?

Hey now Bob .... still scrounging , just have to start keeping it at the neighbor's across the street possibly ....:-?
Don't think the neighborhood will blow away , sink maybe ......:drinks:

crabo
05-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I put three piers on the side of my garage that has the compressor and all the lead. My crack got a little bigger than that.

AndyC
05-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Which crack are we talking about here, exactly - and do we want to know? :kidding:

crabo
05-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Which crack are we talking about here, exactly - and do we want to know? :kidding:

All seem to have grown with time...

Digger
05-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Digger, you are my inspiration. Guess I'll have to keep mining!

Hey there Able , yes mining here also .... the carton , second one up on the left is all range lead plus a few extra in the miscellaneous bin above that ....

And Stick Man .... I so appreciate your offer , .. would hate to loose that chain saw , sentimental mostly .... kept the house warm for years ..:violin:
Maybe if I move the saw to the other side of the shop things will stabilize ....:wink:

geargnasher
05-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah, that's real terrible! From your description I was expecting a rotting-down shack with piles of junk and a flaking, broken, hand-poured slab with big cracks that things were falling into, but after seeing the pic I don't think you have much to worry about!

Gear

leadman
05-14-2012, 02:39 AM
You could use the ingots to pave a walkway to the shed. Then when you needed some just pick it up on the way in.
When you smelt more lead just fill in the gaps.

bobthenailer
05-14-2012, 07:06 AM
I have about 40 to 50 K cast bullets stored in 2 areas and lead alloys stored in 3 places ! luckley i have a big house with a fruit & coal cellar and a garage with a basement, I dont know how much alloy i have for sure, but i think i can cover my needs for at least 10 +years or more! and im now 64 but im allways scrounging for more .I sort of mine the berm at one club just picking up the bullets with a long pair of needel nose plyers and allready have over 200 lbs this year.

We were cleaning up the basement saturday , and i told my wife not to worry about the 10 ,5 quart plastic oil containers that i converted to lead storage units as they were in her area ! I told her theres about 600 lbs of of mined bullets in them and there worth about $500 to sell .
she replied so sell them & get the money ! We can use the money on the house !

I im seriously thinking on putting home remolding TV channels on parential control.

Digger
05-14-2012, 07:37 AM
You could use the ingots to pave a walkway to the shed. Then when you needed some just pick it up on the way in.
When you smelt more lead just fill in the gaps.

Hey , there's a thought , when I smelt more lead , just fill in the crack like the plumbers do pipe joints ! ..... :redneck:

garym1a2
05-14-2012, 12:39 PM
I will pay all your shipping to make your problem go away.

I'll take it one step better...send it to me and I'll pay 1/2 on shipping!!! that is what I call an :awesome: offer !!:bigsmyl2:

latesvak
06-02-2012, 08:40 PM
One day I will have a problem this big but for now you just need to load more and let the pile dwindle a bit .

Latesvak

Digger
06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
One day I will have a problem this big but for now you just need to load more and let the pile dwindle a bit .

Latesvak

How true there Latesvak , been so busy this last year with new position at work .... need to get back in to the trigger and handle pulling when ever I can .....:roll: