PDA

View Full Version : USFA ceasing revolver production ??

captaint
05-11-2012, 07:28 AM
I just got a PM from a member here indicating he spoke with one of USFA's better distributors - And it sounds like they will be ceasing production ? That would be a real shame. They made BEAUTIFUL guns. Hoping it's not true...enjoy Mike

West Creek
11-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I got an email yesturday from USFA. They were announcing the future in firearms and their new product. A plastic thingamabob what will clamp onto one of them ar types. Thought that was wierd so I tried to goto USFA web site - specially since I was talkin them up to feller who is new to handguns - The onliest thing left on their website is the single action army and the new plastic thingy. I knew that wasn't right so I did a google and come accross another message board with messages they is closing their doors.

This news scared me so I call a freind of mine who did contract work for USFA and he confirmed. They have not made SAA in over a year and have ceased production, sold their machinery and will not be making any more.

runfiverun
11-10-2012, 12:53 PM
the story i heard was the owner got bored making guns and is switching over to making medical tools.
he started usfa to show colt that their guns could be made properly,
and at a lower price point.
he done that and is moving on.

Idaho Sharpshooter
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
people do not "get bored" making products that they can sell at a good markup. They may sell out to a conglomerate at a good profit margin and do something else, but shutting the doors is a sign of insolvency.

Love Life
11-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Good thing I got my USFA Turnbull when I did...

runfiverun
11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
i don't ever guess at what people wanna do i have seen it happen too many times where a "guy" wants to do something.
goes and buy's every piece of equipment available,and probably a new truck and trailer to haul it in.
has a go at it then gives it up.
dumps all the equipment at giveaway prices as soon as something else catches his attention.

not saying the above was true or not true,,, just something i heard.

starmac
11-10-2012, 08:59 PM
people do not "get bored" making products that they can sell at a good markup. They may sell out to a conglomerate at a good profit margin and do something else, but shutting the doors is a sign of insolvency.

I have known of more than one solvent company shutting down due to different reasons.

Age being one.
coming regulations being another.
I guess bored could be thrown in there too, if one has plenty allready.

richhodg66
11-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Are we talking about Freedom Arms? I sure hope not, one of my long term plans was to buy one of their .454 casull revolvers.

Trey45
11-10-2012, 10:51 PM
USFA and Freedom Arms are two different companies.

runfiverun
11-11-2012, 12:36 AM
freedom arms is a company now and not so much Dicks living he retired some time back.
i'd imagine there's at least another 20 years or a depression left in them.