PDA

View Full Version : Introducing a new member

Jim
05-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Gentlemen, it is my pleasure and distinct honor to introduce a new member, Able 5. My friend is a retired US Army LTC, Infantry, with two tours of Iraq under his belt and a great guy. He's an avid shooter and hand loader and is looking to get into casting.

At my urging, he signed up yesterday. Somebody get him a chair and a cold one and y'all make room for him.

05-10-2012, 06:00 AM
A friend of yours is a friend of mine.

Lead Fred
05-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Hooah

x101airborne
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
:kidding: Another Officer?:roll:

Welcome Aboard, Brother!

missionary5155
05-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Good morning Jim
Tell him a Howdy and Welcome from a getting older M60A1 "treadhead" .. Armor 71-74.
Mike in Peru

fishnbob
05-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Welcome LTC Ret. Come on in, the water is fine.

Olevern
05-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Welcome, pull up a chair and sit a spell. Lotsa great folk here and a wealth of information. Need a gunsmith? Gotum. Need a machinist? Gotum. Need some lead? our vendors have it. Custom boolit molds? See group buys. Need sum advice on your love life? Well, maybe need to see your pastor for that, some of us here haven't done too well in that area. Jokes way down at the bottom will keep you on the sunny side of life. And your friend, Jim, is a great conversationalist (must be how he roped that terrific wife of his). Good folk, all. enjoy

Arisaka99
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Welcome, pull up a chair and sit a spell. Lotsa great folk here and a wealth of information. Need a gunsmith? Gotum. Need a machinist? Gotum. Need some lead? our vendors have it. Custom boolit molds? See group buys. Need sum advice on your love life? Well, maybe need to see your pastor for that, some of us here haven't done too well in that area. Jokes way down at the bottom will keep you on the sunny side of life. And your friend, Jim, is a great conversationalist (must be how he roped that terrific wife of his). Good folk, all. enjoy

Well, that relationship advice, thats what we got Ricky (RamRod) for! [smilie=l:

Welcome, it is a great bunch of guys here, and they know almost everything! hahaha

:cbpour:

41 mag fan
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Welcome aboard. Now Jim, if you're still digging them berms, there's you a helper. I always believed if you wanted to learn casting, you go all the way. First you dig it out of the earth, then you melt and smelt and flux.....

EMC45
05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome and thank you for your service.

gray wolf
05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the unit Sir,
Jim is a great person and we all (-- most anyway-- ) think highly of him )
I hope we can get you off on the right foot and make your tour an enjoyable one.
Mess hall to the left, rec area down the hall, latrines to the right.
Choose your own bivouacked area, if you have a dispute, no entrenching tool allowed.

lbaize3
05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Already said, but I will echo it..... Any friend of Jim's is a friend of mine! Welcome and glad to have ya!

Love Life
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome aboard!!

Able 5
05-10-2012, 04:50 PM
First, thanks for all the welcomes. After 23 years of loading other folks bullets I thought it was time to load my own boolits...did I get that right. That's where Jim comes in.

Welcome aboard. Now Jim, if you're still digging them berms, there's you a helper. I always believed if you wanted to learn casting, you go all the way. First you dig it out of the earth, then you melt and smelt and flux.....

41 Mag, go buy a lottery ticket, 'cause this is your lucky day. For the last 3 days I have been doing just that. I have learned alot and enjoyed Jim's company. However, I think I may have been "Tom Sawyer'd" as Jim sat under the big oak tree. I was in the sun, in front of the loader with a rake. I guess AGE has its privileges. :shock:

Lots to learn and tools to gather, thanks again
Kevin

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
welcome Kevin
you are surely at the right place.
the best boolit casting website.
Jon

05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Howdy, sir.

Enjoy the site.

Ajax
05-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Welcome Kevin,
We have a great group of knowledgeable guys here, who love to share that knowledge. Jim is a great teacher and friend to have. If you have any questions please ask. Once again glad to have ya and than you for your service.

Andy (USN 1992-2010)

Jim
05-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks guys for making my buddy welcome. And thank y'all for the votes of confidence.

I'll do my best to get him 'squared away'. Problem is, who's gonna get ME squared away? [smilie=1:

bruce drake
05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
:kidding: Another Officer?:roll:

Welcome Aboard, Brother!

Hey now! He might be a Mustang like me!

I still remember what it was like to wear 3 Up and 2 Down with Crossed Rifles!

Able 5 - welcome to the Cast Boolits Team. As you can tell from the posts above, we are an eclectic mix. We even got some friendlies from across the ponds that chime in from their perspectives on reloading cast bullets in European countries and how can we forget our Australian and New Zealand brothers as well.

Bruce

oneokie
05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the best boolit casting site on the web, Kevin.

Problem is, who's gonna get ME squared away? [smilie=1:

Jim, if you have to be reminded of who will keep you squared away, you are in deep trouble. Hint, it is not the mods here.

41 mag fan
05-11-2012, 08:11 AM
First, thanks for all the welcomes. After 23 years of loading other folks bullets I thought it was time to load my own boolits...did I get that right. That's where Jim comes in.

41 Mag, go buy a lottery ticket, 'cause this is your lucky day. For the last 3 days I have been doing just that. I have learned alot and enjoyed Jim's company. However, I think I may have been "Tom Sawyer'd" as Jim sat under the big oak tree. I was in the sun, in front of the loader with a rake. I guess AGE has its privileges. :shock:

Lots to learn and tools to gather, thanks again
Kevin

I always knew Jim was a sweet talker!!!! :bigsmyl2:

And a slave driver!! Cant forget that one

WILCO
05-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Already said, but I will echo it..... Any friend of Jim's is a friend of mine! Welcome and glad to have ya!

Ditto for me! :-D

Carolina Cast Bullets
05-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the Zoo, Able 5

From an Army Brat who is also a Navy Veteran.

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets
USNR '69 - '71
USS Farragut DLG-6

Jim
05-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the best boolit casting site on the web, Kevin.

Jim, if you have to be reminded of who will keep you squared away,.....

Nothin' to worry about there, Nolan.
SHE does a very good job of keepin' this ol' mule in the rows! :bigsmyl2:

Bob Krack
05-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Jim,
You are already square... Wait a minute you said you said "squared away!".... Hah, that is a horse of a different feather - or something like that ('member, I am not a rocket surgeon).

Kevin, welcome to the asylum. Don't believe everything Jim tells you. You should hear or read, some of the yarns he tried to sell to us here.

If ya don't have a good time here, you have no curiosity at all or no sense of humor at all.

Bob

Able 5
05-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks again all. Have very much enjoyed the time I've spent here and look forward to the education. For example, never heard of wrapping boolits in paper...still cannot, wrap my head around that...get it...
Well back to the mine tomorrow. take care

Jim
05-14-2012, 05:41 AM
..... Don't believe everything Jim tells you. You should hear or read, some of the yarns he tried to sell to us here.....Bob

HEY!!!

:bigsmyl2: