PDA

View Full Version : Best place for Lee lead pot and molds?

Utah Shooter
05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Just curious if there ius a good place to get the items. Lee lead pot with the spout and something for 9mm projectiles. Would like the mold to be a 6 cavity.

Alley Cat
05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I've had good success with Factory Sales (now called FSreloading.com). Great prices they usually have everything Lee sells in stock. Sometimes Lee's website (leeprecision.com) has better pictures and descriptions. I use it to figure out what part numbers I want to order and then look up the same part number on fsreloading. Hope this helps!

geargnasher
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Bottom of a lake? :kidding:

I buy from the various mail-order shooting-supply houses, shipping is often less than local tax if you buy enough items at once.

Gear

williamwaco
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Bottom of a lake? :kidding:

I buy from the various mail-order shooting-supply houses, shipping is often less than local tax if you buy enough items at once.

Gear

Gear!

I use them.
They are not that bad. I can't actually say I like them ( Pots ) I could get the RCBS pot but I figure I can have seven Lees for the same price.

And I REALLY LIKE the Lee 6 cavity molds. They literally rain bullets on your pad.

steg
05-09-2012, 02:01 AM
I just go down to the local Gunshop,tell him what I'm looking for, he orders it and the price he gets is way better than I can do. Plus shipping time is less yhan a week....

EDK
05-09-2012, 02:36 AM
I usually get my stuff at GRAFS since my wife goes past their store every month or so to visit her sister. MIDWAYUSA, NATCHEZ SHOOTERS SUPPLY, etc are popular.

I have a LYMAN pot that needs major repairs and a LEE MAGNUM MELTER that I would buy another of whenever this one shoots craps. I've used it pretty heavy for the last four or five years...not bad for $55 plus tax.

The LEE ladle is too small for me. I have a HENSLEY & GIBBS from the 1970s...I need to call BALLISTI-CAST and see if they make them...it's that good.

The LEE six cavity moulds are better quality than the two cavity ones. Read the various stickies on LEEMENTING and improve the mould considerably. NOE and MIHEC at M-P MOULDS make high quality products, well worth the higher cost.

I'd suggest a tumble lube design boolit and the appropriate LEE sizer that mounts on your single stage reloading press. You can go up to the LYMAN or RCBS lubri-sizer later as needed...or go straight to the STAR...if you become a volume caster and reloader. A really serious pistol shooter has four cavity moulds (or larger,) a STAR lubri-sizer and a DILLON 550B or other progressive reloading press. Start slow and buy the expensive toys as you go. I've got two DILLONS and a STAR plus a bunch of moulds (and more on the way,) but I'm 63 and have been casting and loading since 1966 or 67.

:redneck::cbpour::guntootsmiley:

kcinnick
05-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Wherever you find what you want in stock right now. MidwayUSA had a lot of the lee products on sale, I think they still do, but I bought a couple of molds and some extra handles.

PhatForrest
05-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Ordered a 6 cavity mold and handles from Midsouth Shooters Supply yesterday for cheaper, after shipping, then Midway would have been. Shipping would have been even cheaper if I could have sent it to work, but IIRC they make you order a few times before you can set up an alternate shipping address.

rbertalotto
05-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Fantastic folks and great service. Sign up for their newsletter. Good prices and super quick shipping.

http://www.titanreloading.com/

The husband and wife team both work at LEE which is right down the road from them.

Muddydogs
05-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Midway generally has the better prices. The Lee 20 pound pot is on sale as well as Lee 6 cavity mold handles. I always look at the others but come back to Midway as there overall price is better, they do have problems keeping items in stock.

David Bachelder
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Midsouth (http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/) seems to beat Midway prices most of the time. I've bought a lot of stuff from them. great service.

Gibson
05-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Midway: Lee Pro 4 20 lb furnace was 58.49 when I bought a few days ago

Utah Shooter
05-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Just found a pretty good deal on a lead pot. Paid 68 bucks shipped. 20 lb 110 volt.