PDA

View Full Version : I took it as an omen

Gibson
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Now I'm sure most folks walking down the driveway and spotting a wheel weight would be puzzled, wonder if it fell from a a tire on one one their vehicles, whatever. . . me, I took it as an omen, a sort of a wink from the Almighty telling me I'm on the right path :)

BTW: the last order shipped yesterday. I'm tapped. But I've got enough low budget stuff to suffice, for a while. Hopefully my wife will splurge for the propane burner. I'm sitting here wondering if a fisher scientific magnetic stirrer/hot plate would work for the time being, if I used a small pot of Pb? Hey, bear with me guys I have one so it's free :)

darkroommike
05-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Don't think the stir plate will get you lead hot enough to melt. You can probably find someone to swap it for a bigger hot plate or a camper stove. (Just don't ask what they might use it for!)

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
05-06-2012, 11:17 PM
An old Colman white gas stove works great. Have used one for years.

Get a Rowell bottom pour ladle and a cast iron kettle that will hold about 40lb or more and your good to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

ku4hx
05-07-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm sitting here wondering if a fisher scientific magnetic stirrer/hot plate would work for the time being

I'd say try it and see. But my experience with them in the science lab where I taught is you're going to be disappointed. Keep in mind these are relatively "delicate" lab instruments (devices?) designed to warm and stir liquids with a viscosity that's basically water.

Shiloh
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm so sorry about your son Gibson. Prayers sent.

Shiloh