PDA

View Full Version : RMNR site change

waksupi
04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Any of you who may have planned on attending the Rocky Mountain National Rendezvous this July, the site has been changed. It will be held near Lewistown, Montana, on a private ranch.

Check the website for updated map, as it becomes available.

waksupi
04-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Well, I got some of the low-down from one of the booshways this afternoon. The Forest Service wanted all kinds of fun stuff. Metal liners under all fire pits. Pick up all fired lead after the event. (!)
Pick up all the horse manure, even with certified hay. Re-grading of 15 miles of road after the event. They would select placement of outhouses, only along the main road. Outrageous fees. The rendezvous would have been responsible for any health violations by food vendors. Camps would have to be unloaded, and hauled in by approved movers to campsites. Lots of other pure BS. I expect a list of requirements will be available at RMNR site. It is plain, they did not want us there, and were adamant that we were the Rainbow trashers.
I did see photos of the new site. Actually, multiple sites, that Jerry and Tom will settle on in May, which we will use. This ranch is 83,000 acres, so we have a bit of elbow room to play. The site is about 25 miles south of Lewistown. Map will be on the RMNR site within a couple weeks. This site far surpasses the Vipond Park location, and is around 3500 ft. elevation.
This is a very important development for those wanting to run a RMNR in the future. If other regional offices of the FS follow these rules they have set out, this is the end of large rendezvous on public land. I strongly encourage all to contact thier representatives in DC, to make the rules reasonable, especially considering the excellent and exceptional record we have on public lands.

mazo kid
04-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Rick, I got the same info from Doug and Phyllis and have sent out notices to all our guys. Thanks for posting here. Emery

waksupi
04-15-2007, 10:40 PM
The move is for the better. I saw pictures of the new site, and it is much nicer. Mouse had better be coming, as I am informed he is our chief medical officer!