PDA

View Full Version : Waddle Weddle American Guns

Lee
05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Another reason to dump satellite TV. The uber rich helicopter owner boi has to listen to waddle about fat-boi and his proposal to promote him to 2nd Corporal to build a zombie gun. Sheeeeesh! Toddlers & Tiaras has more drama than these so called "Gun Shows"

I'm gonna puke, then drop DirecTV.[smilie=p:

melter68
05-03-2012, 04:49 AM
Great gun series, liked it a lot, even the wife watched it.

American Guns, fab program.

The hand cannon, pink colt and bowling ball cannon and a new fitted gun for a Veteran.

captaint
05-03-2012, 07:26 AM
I like American Guns. The Red Jacket guys - not so much. Mike

Moonie
05-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Remember they are both made for entertainment, American guns is certainly better than red jacket.

Sasquatch-1
05-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Another reason to dump satellite TV. The uber rich helicopter owner boi has to listen to waddle about fat-boi and his proposal to promote him to 2nd Corporal to build a zombie gun. Sheeeeesh! Toddlers & Tiaras has more drama than these so called "Gun Shows"

I'm gonna puke, then drop DirecTV.[smilie=p:

Hey, the nice thing about TV is that you don't have to watch the program.

And always remember...Goood Jobbb!! (Most irritating part of the program)

Roundnoser
05-03-2012, 08:13 AM
It is just intertainment, but it worries me that anti-gun folks would point to those shows as examples of how all gun owners behave. It wouldn't be good if those who do not know the way-of-the-gun think we all build machine guns, bazookas, and flame throwers in our basements, and blow stuff up when we go shooting! -- Sorry to say, but I'd bet there are alot of people who believe that what they see on TV is reality...and unfortunatly, they vote.

Personally, watch both of those shows for the entertainment value...they barely hold my attention!

Guesser
05-03-2012, 10:05 AM
I have tried watching several of the "shootin' shows". I don't watch "survivor" shows or "dancing" or "Idol" or "voice" shows either. None of them will get my attention. I'll take "Have Gun Will Travel", Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Bill Elliot or Johnny Mac Brown any day over all of them. Now "Wardens" and "North Woods Law" both work for me.

gnoahhh
05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Both of those gun shows are an insult to my intelligence, as is much of the dreck on TV these days. The producers of those two shows couldn't have found more ego-centric 'stars' if they tried. Obviously they're pandering to the 12-20 year old crowd whose reality is based on violent computer games. The really sad part is, as pointed out above, is that the uninformed public comes away with the misconception that the content of those 'reality' shows represents the norm for we average gun enthusiasts. After watching several episodes while gritting my teeth, I have sworn off of them.

429421Cowboy
05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
At least they have slightly better gunsmiths than Red Jacket, and work on a much more interesting array of firearms.

And I'll be the first to say it. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ... His daughter is really good looking! And I'm her age so that doesn't make me a dirty old man!:oops:

melter68
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
At least they have slightly better gunsmiths than Red Jacket, and work on a much more interesting array of firearms.

And I'll be the first to say it. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ... His daughter is really good looking! And I'm her age so that doesn't make me a dirty old man!:oops:

I think you mean her Yorkie dog is good looking, neat dog, my wife has two and i mean yorkie dogs[smilie=s:

starmac
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I haven't watched either show, but what have you got against dirty old men. lol

wallenba
05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I used to say I get cable for the reception. Now look what I'm receiving. Phhht!
AX Men==OK, then they give us swamp loggers, ice loggers, heli-loggers
Deadliest catch==OK, then American shrimpers, Lobstermen, Tuna Wranglers Swordfish life on the line.
Four pawn shop shows, Cupcake wars, Cake off, Marijuana growers, moonshiners...what's next? American hooker? American proctologist, what's up your a$$?

GOPHER SLAYER
05-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I have more channels of TV than I can count, but there is so little on the tube that I care to watch that I tune into the so called gun shows out of boredom. I could care less about 99% of the guns they work on, however occasionaly a Colt SA, Luger or 1911 will come in to work on. I cannot for the life of me understand why a man who has been in the gun trade for twenty five or thirty yesrs has to call in exsperts to tell him if a certain gun is a fake. A case in point was a recent show where a man brought in what he had been told was Walker Colt. The exsperts pronouched the pistol an Italian made replica. Now I have onwed replica pistols from Europe and they all had proof marks deeply stamped on the barrel and frame. If memerory serves, they only made one thousand Walkers for the Army and one hundred for the civilian market. Most of the US Army pistols went into Mexico and some never came back. This took place in the late 1840s. What I am trying to say with this ramble is with so few pistols made so long ago, your chance of ever even seeing one is rare much less owing one. I have seen two, one in a museum and one belonged to a fellow club member who paid twenty five hundred dollars for it in the 40s or 50s, I forget which.The man would let you pick it up and look at it. They have U.S. stamped on the right side of the frame. One way to tell if it is a fake is if the stamping is still there. Most of them had the U.S. ground off for fear of trouble with the guvment. As off base as they are, these gun shows are still miles ahead of Dancing With the Stars. GAG

Lee
05-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah, all of my rantin' and ravin' aside, it is the overall image that these shows present. And in my opinion, a lot of it is unflattering to the gun community.
I get bored at night, so I channel surf. Aside from an occasional movie, I rarely spend more than 10 minutes on any one channel.
And if you think "DWTS" or "American Idol" is so much reality show drivel, like the song says; "You ain't seen nothing yet". The satellite channels are all for the most part becoming packed with so-called "reality" shows. You wouldn't believe what is being pushed out there. The current crop makes the Kardashians look like Billy Graham. But, I've mentioned to SWMBO that we should drop this ****, and it hasn't happened yet. (Gotta keep the peace, or I'd do it myself!) And I have a bad feeling that because these shows even exist, there must be MILLIONS of brain-dead "fans" out there keepin' 'em on the air.......
P.S. Understand there are occasional segments of many of these shows that I will watch, but few and far between, and only because the Movie Channel is showing a reality TV show instead of a movie:lol:

BudRow
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
I tune in just for a glimse of Paige.

MT Gianni
05-03-2012, 06:18 PM
As I understand it you guys are speaking English but I have no idea what you are talking about and am very much OK with that.

GOPHER SLAYER
05-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I should have mentioned this in my previous post but here goes. I am surprized how many young people do not have a television. My son has been married for several years and they have never owned one. I am also surprized how many people or cancelling cable or dish and just taking what is free. As Lee put it, if it weren't for the old movies you could have mine.

joec
05-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm not a fan of American Gun nor many others on discovery channel. However I am a fan of the none BS programs on their subjects that keep the drama out such as the Military channels Triggers and many other shows on Directv including Starz, HBO and Showtime. If all I had was the major networks anymore I wouldn't even own a TV as few of the free over air programs are worth watching. Some other shows I do enjoy are Justified, Hell on Wheels, the western channel, Hallmark channel and History channel. History by the way has a pretty good looking show starting soon on the Hatfield and McCoy's mini series. Give up Directv not a chance but then I don't have just the straight version and ruined by HDTV in general.

Roundnoser
05-03-2012, 06:42 PM
"Chewing Gum for the Eyes" Ha ha! I like that!

Just Duke
05-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I can think of two reasons to watch it. :shock: :popcorn:

starmac
05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
When JAWS came out, I remember Paul Newman saying he was pretty much done with the acting business. As the american public pretty much considered a fish a good actor.

Just Duke
05-03-2012, 08:07 PM
I was a major player in the shooting society in Den. Colo. until my departure in 1989 as they had deemed it the only ghost town with skyscrapers. I ran with the tactical, benchrest, high power M14 rifle, hunting and the pistol crowd. Everyone in these groups was at least 20 to 30 years my senior. I new every gun shop and gun shop owner from Foothills Guns/Range on Alameda on the west side of town to Accuload on the far east side on Colfax including Swansons now Sports West, Gart Bothers and Dave Cook Sporting Goods in the middle.
I have never EVER heard of the guy or met him. None of my affiliate's attending Colorado School of Trades 1575 Hoyt Street Lakewood, CO 80215 or Trinidad State have ever remotely mentioned anyone my age that fit his description.
To tell you the truth it would have been a pleasure to have had a shooting buddy my age as most guys my age were preoccupied producing offspring. I was not.
I was the kid of the CO. shooting society and many here when I talk to them on the phone refer to me as the kid at my age of 54.
This fella is a ghost or Hollywood fabrication.....I do believe I've brushed into his wifey at a party somewhere. Hard to forget a pretty girl that's just a touch cross-eyed.
Perhaps I could of given him some ethics counseling had I met him.
http://www.ar-15.co/forums/showthread.php?t=13026
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/off-topic/70271-american-guns-like-sons-guns-except-more-peroxide-bleached-hair-3.html

bearcove
05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
As I understand it you guys are speaking English but I have no idea what you are talking about and am very much OK with that.
Ah! Someone on my page.:holysheep

KYCaster
05-03-2012, 11:15 PM

Ah! Someone on my page.:holysheep

Nice to know there are others out there.

[smilie=6:

Jerry

EMC45
05-04-2012, 11:31 AM
We were just talking about cancelling cable in our "family meeting" last night.

Tazman1602
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM

I'm not. I'm probably older than Rich and I think she's HOT. Yes, I am a dirty old man although the mom is very nice also.

I don't have enough money for either of them to talk to me though.

Great thing about TV or magazines, if you don't like the channel, change it. If you disagree with the content of the magazine, leave it on the shelf.

I kind of enjoy American Guns to tell the truth although I'd like to slap Rich and that Fatazz gunsmith -- except some of the work he does is pretty fair.

The kid (Kurt???) that does the engraving -- IF he is the one really doing it I enjoy watching. I don't have that much patience....

Art

melter68
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Well American guns series has finished here, we now have sons of guns.

From england

Just Duke
05-04-2012, 03:55 PM
We were just talking about cancelling cable in our "family meeting" last night.

Try Hulu. $7.00 a month.