PDA

View Full Version : Directory of Lead Foundries

kcinnick
04-29-2012, 02:32 AM
I have had good luck buying lead from forum members, but I was curious if there was a directory of lead foundries that sold certified lead alloys. I know about Rotometals, but I was hoping I could find someone local. I don't even know where to begin.

bumpo628
04-29-2012, 04:01 AM
A foundry would probably only want to deal with you if you're buying 1000's of pounds at a time. You can get free shipping from Rotometals on purchases over $100, so that negates the distance. Might as well support a site sponsor...

Sasquatch-1
04-29-2012, 07:01 AM
I have had good luck buying lead from forum members, but I was curious if there was a directory of lead foundries that sold certified lead alloys. I know about Rotometals, but I was hoping I could find someone local. I don't even know where to begin.

Just run something like lead bars or sheet lead in your search engine and see what comes up. Most do not list prices.

kcinnick
04-29-2012, 12:02 PM
A foundry would probably only want to deal with you if you're buying 1000's of pounds at a time. You can get free shipping from Rotometals on purchases over $100, so that negates the distance. Might as well support a site sponsor...

1 ton would be a good start.

GerryM
04-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Heres a recycler Rochester lead works 100 Anderson Ave Rochester NY.
Last I check lead wire was at a premimum. Not sure about ingots.

runfiverun
04-29-2012, 03:38 PM
there are about 5 major lead refineries in the us.
i used to deal with the one in denver.
to get the best price we would buy 4,000 lbs at a time, and pick it up.

kcinnick
04-30-2012, 09:37 PM
there are about 5 major lead refineries in the us.
i used to deal with the one in denver.
to get the best price we would buy 4,000 lbs at a time, and pick it up.

Do you know where the other 4 are? 2 tons is doable, as long as I can get a known alloy, even if I have to add to it during the casting process.

A few hours drive isn't out of the question, and we have trucks and trailers to pick up if necessary.

cabezaverde
05-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Heres a recycler Rochester lead works 100 Anderson Ave Rochester NY.
Last I check lead wire was at a premimum. Not sure about ingots.

Gerry,

Have you done business with these folks?