PDA

View Full Version : Cant Cast In House No More

smokemjoe
04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
After 35 years of casting today the wife came down and pulled the plug on the melter, Fans and blowed out the scented candle, Said the house smelled up stairs and from now on out in the shack outside, I finished up racking off my wine now, Must of been the scented candles. Smokemjoe

monadnock#5
04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Ouch. It's lonely on Planet Krapton. I know. My wife sends me there on a regular basis.

Ken

redneckdan
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
i hear, jen said after may all the play area gets moved outside, no more casting on the kitchen stove, cleaning carburators & guns in the bath tube or using the coffee table vise & mill file type work.

R.M.
04-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Ahhhh, she'll come around, just give her some time. :roll:

ovendoctor
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
i hear, jen said after may all the play area gets moved outside, no more casting on the kitchen stove, cleaning carburators & guns in the bath tube or using the coffee table vise & mill file type work.

so ya converting the camper to a work shop:mrgreen:

Bigjohn
04-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Sometimes there is a distict advantage in having your own space; you can be as neat or as messy as you want. Even fart and belch if thats ya scene and no one tells you to clean up or calls ya a disgusting M.C.P.:)

Mind you tho, if you did the same thing to one of them; you would suddenly feel as if ALL the nations on this planet had declared war upon you and attacked at the same time.:twisted:

They can be difficult to understand at times. I know, I wore it when I was asked what sort of a new car I was going to buy. I replied, that I was thinking about horses. You know, stallion and mare, then I would have ongoing and upgradable transport which breeds the latest model itself AND runs on grass.

Boy, you would think I called her mother a !*^^%#$@!!*&)( or something like that. :twisted:

John.

Four Fingers of Death
04-11-2007, 12:28 AM
You are so right, I didn't realise how much impact it had! I'll have to organise an alternative (soothing wife speak for SHED!!!!!! :D ) IMMEDIATELY!!!! After all I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable. :)

danski26
04-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Women are funny.........sometimes funny peculiar, sometimes funny Ha Ha but always funny.

When we bought our new house I laid claim to the basement. Over the years i have had to defend this claim with my life! No greater challenge for this former Marine has ever existed :-) Ahhh the good old days of combat missions in Africa.........

357maximum
04-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Wait til she comes home and finds you 357 in hand shooting wax boolits down the hallway[smilie=1: ......that look was one for the books, apparently red dot does not make for a room freshner in her eyes:confused:

Bret4207
04-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Men are from Mars, women are from Zxplcjkt 3 in the Fubwqlk galaxy.

Boz330
04-11-2007, 09:56 AM
You are so right, I didn't realise how much impact it had! I'll have to organise an alternative (soothing wife speak for SHED!!!!!! :D ) IMMEDIATELY!!!! After all I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable. :)

Mick it seems that one of your singers from down under, John Williamson I think, sings a song named "Every Boy needs a Shed". Truer words were never spoken.

Bob

Four Fingers of Death
04-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Then's theres Kevin Bloody Williamson, singer and stand up comedian:

" My girlfriend Mabel came up to me today and said 'Kev, do you remember when you said to be a good sport and come behind the cowshed?'

'Yeah! I remember Mabel!'

'Well now I'm pregnant!!!!! If you don't marry me I'll kill myself!!!!!!'

*&%# you are a good sport Mabel!"

NVcurmudgeon
04-11-2007, 11:13 AM
When we were house hunting, I told my wife that she could choose the house as long as it was affordable, on a half acre or larger lot, and included an acceptable room or separate shed for me. She found a house on an acre with an over 200 sq. ft. room between the furnace room and attached garage, with a large closet for a magazine. Access to the furnace room is through my shop, so I have extra storage and waste heat. My wife's car sits in solitary splendor in the 2 car plus garage, along with my casting bench. Regarding furniture and decorating of the house, I remember the wise words of Rhett Butler, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." This policy works so well that Fran knocks before entering the shop because I might be using a power tool!

trooperdan
04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Then's theres Kevin Bloody Williamson, singer and stand up comedian:

"

Ah, Kevin Wilson! I used to run with a crazy bunch called the Hash House Harriers in my younger days and we adopted Wilson.. I love his routine about the phone company, "Bend over, here it comes!" :)

Four Fingers of Death
04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Ah, Kevin Wilson! I used to run with a crazy bunch called the Hash House Harriers in my younger days and we adopted Wilson.. I love his routine about the phone company, "Bend over, here it comes!" :)

Yep, his name wasn't rolling off my tongue right. he is one of Australia's cruder exports, as is Rodney Rude, who also hails from Bathurst!

Buckshot
04-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Men are from Mars, women are from Zxplcjkt 3 in the Fubwqlk galaxy.

..............Ah God am I glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this! I mean I've heard the Men/Mars, Women/Venus thing but that one hit me just right. Women ARE from some far off un-recognizeable (or pronouncible) place.

Imagine if you can, being told that you can NOT rebuild your Harley there in the living room where it's nice and warm, and your cold beer is close by. I mean, lets get REAL here people. Just where do ya draw the line?

................BUckshot

Boz330
04-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Gets back to the old saying a mans home is his castle, NOT, it's his wife's. And by god you better not walk in with muddy feet or leave anything lay where it doesn't belong. I thought that the DI's were bad when I was in the Army, but that was just basic training for marriage.

Bob