PDA

View Full Version : I got some stuff at the flea market for $25 today.

letsmeltlead2693
04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Today my dad and I went to the flea market. I got a cast iron corn stick pan(antique), 2 pieces of pewter, a lead scuba diving weight, and an airsoft gun. I paid $2 for the lead scuba diving weight and it weighs 2.9 lbs for a price of about 66 cents per lb. I got 2 pieces of pewter for $3, weight of both together about 1.44 lbs for a price of about 2.07 per lb, an old antique cast iron corn stick pan for $10, and an airsoft gun for $12 with a container of 1000 plastic BBs at no extra cost for a total of $27 for all the items. Here is a pic of what I got today. Do you think I scored a good deal and what do you think?

http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/attachment.php?aid=2886

gray wolf
04-29-2012, 09:42 AM
You did very well, now go make some boolets.

Sam

Trey45
04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Do you think I scored a good deal and what do you think?
I think that since you don't cast boolits and have no desire to cast boolits, that it's a complete waste of resources and time.

boltons75
04-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I think that since you don't cast boolits and have no desire to cast boolits, that it's a complete waste of resources and time.

Well, he is young, and maybe when he gets himself a real gun, rather than airsoft, he will have an idea of how to cast his own boolits.

Always carry, never tell.

429421Cowboy
04-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Well, he is young, and maybe when he gets himself a real gun, rather than airsoft, he will have an idea of how to cast his own boolits.

I agree, it is up to him what is or isn't a waste and it's not our place to tell him what it is. It is always a good idea to have lead around especially since the price will likely only go up and WW are harder to find every day. I have a large collection of brass in calibers i don't load or plan to own a gun for, does that mean it was a waste of time to pick them up and sort them? Or does it simply make me ready to trade? I don't cast yet but i plan to eventually, so putting together as much lead as i can right now makes sense to me. I would say you got a good deal and have more raw materiels to show for it.

frkelly74
04-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I agree, it is up to him what is or isn't a waste and it's not our place to tell him what it is. It is always a good idea to have lead around especially since the price will likely only go up and WW are harder to find every day. I have a large collection of brass in calibers i don't load or plan to own a gun for, does that mean it was a waste of time to pick them up and sort them? Or does it simply make me ready to trade? I don't cast yet but i plan to eventually, so putting together as much lead as i can right now makes sense to me. I would say you got a good deal and have more raw materiels to show for it.

like picking up pennies nickles and dimes.

Beerd
04-30-2012, 09:31 AM
like picking up pennies nickles and dimes.

you mean you actually bend over to pick up pennies? off the ground!?

:kidding:

(me too)

frkelly74
04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Keeps you young ( my wife says immature but that is a different argument) and limber.