PDA

View Full Version : Chalk one up for the good guys

Trey45
04-27-2012, 09:12 AM
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/conceal-and-carry-stabbing-salt-lake-city-smiths/NDNrL1gxeE2rsRhrWCM9dQ.cspx

Gee, someone with a gun not killing someone with it. The media will not be happy about this.

bootsnthejeep
04-27-2012, 09:25 AM
"Bought the knife in the store and then turned it into a weapon."

Turned it into a weapon? Was there a wand involved?

That innocent knife. It didn't want to hurt anyone. That crazed man MADE it into a weapon. Guns, on the other hand. They're just evil from the get go. They kill people while still in the box.

captaint
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Wonder why we didn't hear about this on the 6:30 national news last nite??? Oh, that's right, somebody did something good with a gun. What was I thinking ??? enjoy Mike

shdwlkr
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Beware that man with the knife is going to say the "gunman" made him do it and then they will be hunting down that violent person with a gun who stopped the violence with it.

You know no one with a gun can be trusted they are all about killing with those nasty things and never never would they protect others with them!!

Recluse
04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Where were the liberals in that grocery store? Why weren't they "talking" to the criminal and asking him about his abused childhood, the unfairness of the Bush tax cuts and the racist immigration law of Arizona in an effort to disarm the maniac?

One citizen, legally armed, who cared enough for his fellow citizen to intervene and without further bloodshed, de-escalated the situation.

Good for him.

And for the liberals, who only believe police and military need guns and that average citizens have no right, let alone a need to carry openly or concealed, I would ask: Where were the police while this guy was stabbing people?

Great story.

:coffee:

starmac
04-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Police say, they have no idea why he was stabbing people. He was yelling we have killed his people .

I can see where this might be confusing as the war on terror was over last week.

bowfin
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
The guy toting the gun shouldn't have stood his ground: I hear that's a bad thing to do.:rolleyes:

MT Gianni
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
"Bought the knife in the store and then turned it into a weapon."

Turned it into a weapon? Was there a wand involved?

That innocent knife. It didn't want to hurt anyone. That crazed man MADE it into a weapon. Guns, on the other hand. They're just evil from the get go. They kill people while still in the box.

I believe that a weapon implies intent to use it as such. It was a vegetable chopper when it was sold, intent to harm others made it's use a weapon.

shdwlkr
04-27-2012, 12:02 PM
What war on terrorists I thought that was a no no with the Emperor with no clue in office

As to where were the police? watching the Emperor with no clue, donut shop, waiting for the call, taking the phone number of the hot chick they just stopped, in a traffic jam, fueling the car, listening to the watch commander tell them what to expect on the job that day, taking a break, dealing, drinking coffee, watching the pretty ladies, sleeping, cleaning their uniforms, maybe even on watch for those runaways from the local food stores; you know bacon, beef, chicken, turkey, ham, cheese, etc. Sorry all those police shows on TV, Utube do make you wonder

Oh I know they were getting swat training on how to control the TEA Party rally with all those violent people who show up and even clean up their own mess.

No disrespect meant to the real LEO's here and on the job where ever they may work but some of your ranks really do need to look at how the public does see them and how little respect they do deserve

runfiverun
04-27-2012, 12:38 PM
the guy toting the gun may or may NOT have had a carry permit.
that is not the happy spot in town.

Ickisrulz
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
"He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

I wonder who his people are? I see no mention of the man's ethnicity.

Stick_man
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Here is another write-up on the same story. It indicates the "one with the gun" did have a concealed carry permit. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20161608&title=man-buys-knife-stabs-2-at-salt-lake-city-store&s_cid=queue-20

And some follow-up on the suspect. Sounds like a real gem of a guy. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20168568&title=stabbing-suspect-has-long-criminal-history&s_cid=featured-2

Ickisrulz
04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Here is another write-up on the same story. It indicates the "one with the gun" did have a concealed carry permit. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20161608&title=man-buys-knife-stabs-2-at-salt-lake-city-store&s_cid=queue-20

And some follow-up on the suspect. Sounds like a real gem of a guy. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20168568&title=stabbing-suspect-has-long-criminal-history&s_cid=featured-2

It looks like he should've been sent back to 'Nam years ago.

firefly1957
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I wish they would have gave more details on the "nut" who "had his people killed" just curious but with crazy people there is rarely a reason , Just like the nuts that vote for obama!

L Ross
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM
shdwlkr, your no offense disclaimer doesn't cut it !

Duke

Olevern
04-30-2012, 07:09 PM
What war on terrorists I thought that was a no no with the Emperor with no clue in office

As to where were the police? watching the Emperor with no clue, donut shop, waiting for the call, taking the phone number of the hot chick they just stopped, in a traffic jam, fueling the car, listening to the watch commander tell them what to expect on the job that day, taking a break, dealing, drinking coffee, watching the pretty ladies, sleeping, cleaning their uniforms, maybe even on watch for those runaways from the local food stores; you know bacon, beef, chicken, turkey, ham, cheese, etc. Sorry all those police shows on TV, Utube do make you wonder

Oh I know they were getting swat training on how to control the TEA Party rally with all those violent people who show up and even clean up their own mess.

No disrespect meant to the real LEO's here and on the job where ever they may work but some of your ranks really do need to look at how the public does see them and how little respect they do deserve

Offense taken

Dutch4122
04-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Offense taken

Ditto.