PDA

View Full Version : Gun Rights Group Needs Help

morgans
04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I have not been on in a while, trying to get this freedom and rights thing going.I have a group I'm asking you to join www.NationalGunRights.org/

They are fighting very hard for our rights, and please I'm sorry if this is in wrong spot, they need all the support and members they can get right now.

Have a great day everyone, I'll be back on in a week.and will help with the stop gun control site.

many thanks in advance

Recluse
04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
This is Dudley Brown's group and they are widely regarded throughout the gun world as a scam. Their financials are shaky, at best, and many think the only thing keeping them from an IRS audit is that they just don't raise/scam enough money to make such an audit worthwhile.

Flashy website and lots of fluff, however. But they e-mail you and spam you incessantly and use way outdated issues to get you to part with your hard-earned cash.

Oh, and they're also pretty good at leeching onto things and claiming credit for the accomplishments of other groups.

I think I'll pass. Again.

:coffee:

morgans
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
This is Dudley Brown's group and they are widely regarded throughout the gun world as a scam. Their financials are shaky, at best, and many think the only thing keeping them from an IRS audit is that they just don't raise/scam enough money to make such an audit worthwhile.

Flashy website and lots of fluff, however. But they e-mail you and spam you incessantly and use way outdated issues to get you to part with your hard-earned cash.

Oh, and they're also pretty good at leeching onto things and claiming credit for the accomplishments of other groups.

I think I'll pass. Again.

Afternoon
Thank you for letting me know your feelings on this, I've been a way from the gun thing for years, now my daughter has finished school I can afford to get back into it,I'm learning more everyday for the past few months, what a mess our country is in, I'm a NRA member in good standing I'm just trying do everything I can to protect our rights, and as always I get a straight answer every time on this board, your words are good in my book.Again thank you, I look at it this way I'll support every group out there till things change. Have a great day Chris
P.S. please let me know of other groups to join, I'm not rich but will support as many as I can afford

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-25-2012, 06:01 PM
P.S. please let me know of other groups to join, I'm not rich but will support as many as I can afford

I've been a member of the NRA and the JPFO since 1992
http://jpfo.org/
The JPFO is more of an educational organization,
besides teaching it's members, it provides educational
materials to it's members so they can do the outreach.
Jon

Recluse
04-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Afternoon

Can't go wrong with the NRA, and in addition, your local state association is always a good place to be. My "trifecta" to that then includes a concealed carry group.

That way, I figure I'm supporting national to state to right down to what rests next to my hip or in my wife's purse. :)

Congrats on the daughter finishing school--that's a milestone in and of itself!

Lead Fred
04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
God gave me my right to self protection, no man can take that away.

And he is comingback soon, and boy is he pissed

bobthenailer
04-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks to everyone who is supporting groups as the NRA ect .
IMO why send money to all of the other possibly so called gun rights orgnazations , all you might be doing is feeding another buracury , office space VIP & employees and everything that goes with it & how much of every dollar actually goes for the fight on firearms control & rights .
Wouldent it be better for everyone to send it to 1 orgnization that way more of your dollar goes to the cause. & that orgnization becomes even stronger with more members & money to win our fight
Maybe im not in touch but it seems that the NRA does the most for our gun rights ! do you really need several orgnization ? why not one really big one !!!!
I recently upgraded my membership from endowment to patron member for $300.00! did i have to no ! i really could of stayed at life member for the rest of my life and never sent another dime to the NRA, and saved the money i spent to upgrade twice , as in reality for most members theres not much of real benfit other than saying im a patron member and the satisfaction im still helping with my money to help fight for our gun rights. It means that much to me! how about you !

alamogunr
04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I sent a small donation to Dudley Brown's group and have regretted it. I get daily emails outlining the latest emergency threat to our 2nd Amendment rights.

I am considering setting up NRA life memberships for my 2 sons. It would be a much better investment than getting a life membership for myself. Much more cost effective to continue the 5 year memberships that I have had for some time now. I get to vote in elections and a life membership would never pay off for me at my age.