PDA

View Full Version : Lead dust can cause violence

Charlie Two Tracks
04-23-2012, 07:02 AM
I just saw a report this morning on the national news. After a long study it was determined that lead dust affected people from the 50's to the mid 80's and caused an increase in violent crime. People who were exposed to lead dust could not make sound decisions when faced with problems and that created more violence. I'm sure that it had nothing to do with the decline of the family home, drugs and gangs. This study was done in major cities. Next time your neighbor bugs you, you can punch him out and tell them you were exposed to lead dust as a child. You may even get some money from the government.

captaint
04-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Wow, Charlie, This makes me feel much better. Been wondering why I have this desire to punch irritating people in the face. OK, now it makes sense. Mike

303Guy
04-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Sounds like the time I walked past a machine on the way to the loo or something and sometime later it broke down and someone who saw me walk past blamed me saying I did something to the machine .... !!!!! Or crop circles. I like crop circles. The makers can do them right under the worshippers noses. Nah! It was the alignment of the planets. Yeah! When Mercury aligns with Mars funny things happen ... !!1 These people should be more specific on what they were smoking at the time of their revelation! (Or maybe the nature of the mushrooms they were licking. Toads are supposed to be quite enlightening too. Toad licking Mayans are said to have predicted the end of the world in December although I suspect the 'said' has been said by more modern toad lickers).

Maybe the study in question was 'long' because it took a while to find evidence that could be misconstrued to show the lead dust thing (or maybe the toads were hard to find).

Perhaps we should start a rumour that lead dust has the ability to enhance our insight and increase our spiritual awareness. We could reverse this whole anti-lead thing. Hey, high velocity lead alloy in the right mix has a way of causing a time vortex that can do cool stuff to ones psyche! (Any old BS will do as long as the claims are outlandish).:violin:

Bret4207
04-23-2012, 07:46 AM
There's another common substance that causes the same problems reported with lead dust- booze. I'm 100% certain a lot more problems come from that than lead dust.

WRideout
04-23-2012, 07:48 AM
I just saw a report this morning on the national news. After a long study it was determined that lead dust affected people from the 50's to the mid 80's and caused an increase in violent crime. People who were exposed to lead dust could not make sound decisions when faced with problems and that created more violence. I'm sure that it had nothing to do with the decline of the family home, drugs and gangs. This study was done in major cities. Next time your neighbor bugs you, you can punch him out and tell them you were exposed to lead dust as a child. You may even get some money from the government.

This reminds me of the time I went to get my "over-forty" physical at Ft. Campbell, KY. The army is always big on preventive medicine, so at the end of all the prodding and poking, I had to sit down with an erstwhile young lady who asked me to fill out a questionnaire on my lifestyle, and then encouraged me to do healthy things. Along with quitting smoking and limiting alcohol, the official list of good things to do showed Avoid Handguns as a good way to stay healthy. I wanted to ask her, "Do you mean the one I was issued by the government, or just any old gun?" I guess no one was ever shot unless they were within range of a gun.

Wayne

303Guy
04-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah but booze was not indicated in the study right? If it was the study would have been too short! Do we sound cynical or something? Don't mean to.[smilie=1:

firefly1957
04-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Another cause of that violence you will never hear of in the media is those were the years that gun control was disarming the victims! Gun control laws increase and EMPOWER the criminals to commit those violent acts against the unarmed victims.

303Guy
04-23-2012, 08:09 AM
It's possible it was a spelling mistake and it turns out to be bull dust!

jcwit
04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
There's another common substance that causes the same problems reported with lead dust- booze. I'm 100% certain a lot more problems come from that than lead dust.

Ya think?

Lead dust, wonder where the dust came from. Oh Ya, chewing paint on window sills, then sneezing.

gray wolf
04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Lets see,
what can make people get
violent/pi$$ed off/do things they would not normally do/effect there health ???
OH I know,
Poison laden vaccines, monkey puss, mercury , Aluminum,
SSRI drugs, MK ultra, to much sugar, sodium nitrate, ( deli meats ) MSG
Corn syrup, Aspartame ( artificial sweetener ) Rape seed oil, Mono y digliceridos,
Aluminosilicato De sodio, Red dye, blue dye, yellow and green die.
Just a few of the F D A approved poisons we get from our food.
Goubberment testing on the population ( air, water, food )
G M O foods, G M O crops, OH I am sure there might be one or two more,
Do you think ??
Abuse of booze and drugs, Big Pharma,
NO hold on it must be the Lead.
Give me a big FREEEKING break
Edit to add: Corexit, oil spills, radiation, Arial spraying,

tomme boy
04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
It came from the gas we were using then.

Maven
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
"People who were exposed to lead dust could not make sound decisions when faced with problems...."

Were elected officials with urban constituencies somehow unaffected by this? Did the "study" also forget to include the large number of people 25 yrs. of age and younger? Sounds like another example of simplistic thinking to me.

starmac
04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
When they do a study of lead dust in a solid form, they will find it has been used to curb violence for many years.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
or could it be that people who were exposed to lead dust had parents didn't give a rats hind about them. that they lived in filth anD saw violence therefor perpetuated it.

my grandfather owned an apartment building in a older neighborhood , not a good neighborhood by the time he got rid of it when he retired in 85, it was nothing fancy but it was clean and well kept. he had some tenants that had a baby when the kid got to toddler age it got sick , they told him it was the lead paint he painted over it with another coat of paint , while he was there painting he noticed the kid played sand box in it's parrents ash tray with hundreds of buts.

while he never believed it was the paint he painted it all again and offered to let them move out at the end of the month without penalty , he knew what the real problem was and no paint was going to fix it.

JeffinNZ
04-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Research in NZ has shown that 3/4 of the folk involved in car accidents ate toast for breakfast. Toast is killing people on our roads.......

DIRT Farmer
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Then there is the pickle study, following a group of people who were born in 1865, and had during their life ate pickles. Belive it or not but they all died.

04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a planted story to me. Love to see the study protocol for that investigation. More lead is bad agenda. Too bad it exists naturally.

MtGun44
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I thought violence causes lead dust. . . . . . :bigsmyl2:

Bill

Firebricker
04-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Any kind of dust I create and bring in the house causes violence at my house. lol FB

Southern Son
04-24-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't care how small a particle of lead it is, if it is mine and someone is trying to steal it, I will get mad. Getting free lead around here is impossible!!!

geargnasher
04-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Research in NZ has shown that 3/4 of the folk involved in car accidents ate toast for breakfast. Toast is killing people on our roads.......

Nah, it wasn't the toast, it was the MARMITE! :kidding:

Gear

Charlie Two Tracks
04-24-2012, 06:59 AM
I like that starmac.

44fanatic
04-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Explains why I am grumpy....

Found these interesting articles, second one concerns the violance study:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002473.htm
Possible complications include:
•Behavior or attention problems
•Failure at school
•Hearing problems
•Kidney damage
•Reduced IQ
•Slowed body growth

The symptoms of lead poisoning may include:
•Abdominal pain and cramping (usually the first sign of a high, toxic dose of lead poison)
•Aggressive behavior
•Anemia
•Constipation
•Difficulty sleeping
•Headaches
•Irritability
•Loss of previous developmental skills (in young children)
•Low appetite and energy
•Reduced sensations

Very high levels of lead may cause vomiting, staggering walk, muscle weakness, seizures, or coma.

Look at the areas studied, is lead dust causing gang activity?
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120417162725.htm
The researchers compared the amount of lead released in six cities: Atlanta, Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, New Orleans and San Diego, during the years 1950-1985. This period saw an increase in airborne lead dust exposure due to the use of leaded gasoline. There were correlating spikes in the rates of aggravated assault approximately two decades later, after the exposed children grew up.

runfiverun
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Explains why I am grumpy....

The symptoms of lead poisoning may include:
•Abdominal pain and cramping (usually the first sign of a high, toxic dose of lead poison)
•Aggressive behavior
•Anemia
•Constipation
•Difficulty sleeping
•Headaches
•Irritability
•Loss of previous developmental skills (in young children)
•Low appetite and energy
•Reduced sensations

Very high levels of lead may cause vomiting, staggering walk, muscle weakness, seizures

these are the same symtoms for narcotic use also.

Charlie Two Tracks
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
It's crazy isn't it! There is just no way for us to counter the misinformation they are putting out.