PDA

View Full Version : Bullshop Sprue Lube Bottle caps

Roundnoser
04-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Before I spend 10X more than I need to, does anyone know where to find replacement dropper caps for those white bottles that Tina sends the sprue lube in? Anyone already located a source for them? I spilled my first bottle of it last fall (who hasn't?!), and I don't want to do it again.

Thanks.

oneokie
04-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Glue a large flat washer to the bottom of the bottle.

imashooter2
04-22-2012, 10:02 PM
An old eye drop bottle works well. Give it a squeeze, submerge the tip and release. Then put your large bottle safely away for a year or two until the next refill.

Ickisrulz
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
I use these for cleaning solvents, Kroil, etc. They don't spill all over if the bottle is knocked over.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/152757/tipton-flip-top-solvent-bottles-4-oz-package-of-3

Roger Ronas
04-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Here is a supplier that I get different bottles and caps from.

http://www.specialtybottle.com

HTH
Rog

mooman76
04-23-2012, 12:25 AM
It's kind of an odd size. I tried a bunch before I found one that fit. Unfortunately I don't remember what it came off of but it is similar to a lotion bottle so if it is knocked over I shouldn't loose more than a drop or two. Probably some sort of small lotion bottle tough.

missionary5155
04-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Greetings
I work on pocket watches so that means numerous small bottles of special lubricants. The old watchmakers used pill boxes laying flat with holes cut through the up side of the box to secure the oil bottle in an upright position. Once the hole(s) are cut and the bottle slipped it's hole pebbles or reject boolets can be inserted through an end flat of the box for added weight to keep it upright.
Mike in Peru

MT Gianni
04-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Cut a circle out of a piece of foam and nest the bottle in it.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I really like the little bottle that NOE sends with a custom mold.
it's much like a Elmers glue bottle except much smaller,
I bet you can get one of those at the dollar store.
Jon

waksupi
04-23-2012, 10:55 AM
When you spill (and you will), wipe up the mess with a clean rag. Put it in a jar, or a baggie. Use the rag to apply the lube to the mold. It will last forever.

Bill*
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Try American Science and Surplus. They have a bit of everything and it's usually pretty cheap. But I'll bet you end up with more than 1 item if you peruse their website.
http://www.sciplus.com/

Stick_man
04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
You can find the small bottles at Wally World. Often in the areas for personal hygiene (for travel shampoo etc). Should be pretty cheap.

CPL Lou
04-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Why not use an empty '5 Hour Energy' bottle ?

Iowa Fox
04-23-2012, 08:28 PM
I know this isn't an answer to finding the cap, but. What I do is shake the bottle while tightly capped before I even turn the pot electricity on. I get 2 Q- tips and unscrew the cap and dip the Q-tips in the Bull Plate that clings to the inside of the cap, then tightly cap the bottle and put it away. Too easy to dump the bottle while casting plus the film from one or two drops is way plenty for the the mold.