PDA

View Full Version : Spring Sprung

Ivantherussian03
04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
WoW, if this Global warming--maybe it is a good thing. The current temp is 60, which does not sound warm--BUT THEN THIS IS THE ALASKAN ARCTIC.

It went from very cold long winter to very warm. :-D These tempertures are unheard of till May at least. The bad thing is the bugs will come early:roll:

waksupi
04-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Yup, bugs. Went up the mountain shooting this afternoon, and got my first wood tick for the year.

powderburnerr
04-08-2007, 10:12 PM
So waksupi , what did you shoot it with , and did you take pictures , was it a trophy are you going to mount it..did you get good penetration? you held so much back ..........................Dean

waksupi
04-09-2007, 08:03 AM
No pictures, and the little devil got no penetration!

Pilgrim
04-09-2007, 12:01 PM
I hate those little suckers prolly more than anything else. They're right up there with fanatical muslims, I think. When I used to fish in the Spokane area, in the spring crawling through the brush would load you up with them. I've had as many as 8 or so on me at the end of the day. Around the house & pasture we get a few on the dogs this time of year so I make sure they stay current on flea & tick meds. It kills 'em dead. Makes my skin crawl just to think about it. That makes another plus for owning a boat! It helps keep me out of the brush when fishing. I think that is the only plus that comes to mind that can be associated with ticks. They aren't even good for fluxing. Pilgrim

Blackwater
04-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Here in Ga., we've gotten late freezes nearly every year for the past 10 years or more. Kills my plum tree buds, and I can't make my beloved plum wine. Just DANG!

monadnock#5
04-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Nor-easter today, tomorrow, with 50-60 mph winds, and then more snow and rain until the end of the week :( .

Curse you Al Gore. I could really go for some global warming in my neck of the woods right now:confused:.

The good news? The wood ticks, deer ticks and black flies are as far out of sight as I am:-D.

Ken

Junior1942
04-15-2007, 09:46 AM
The only good thing I can say about fire ants is that here in my part of Louisiana they have decimated the tick population.