PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Block disassembly

Nardoo
04-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Hi,
I want to disassemble the actions on my 2 Rolling Blocks to clean and lube them.

Is there anything I need to know before I do so? Like nasty little springs that jump out or pin alignment problems?

Also would love an exploded diagram if anyone has one.

Thanks
Nardoo

4060MAY
04-08-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.urban-armory.com/diagrams/remrolbl.htm

ARKANSAS PACKRAT
04-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Nardoo; My .43 spanish:1 with the hammer down (fired) remove the rear stock screw....(thru the tang)...2 remove the two cross screws above the triggerguard to remove the triggerguard assembly....3 remove the pin retainer plate screw and plate......4 tap out the pins and remove the roller and hammer. With a diagram it will be an easy job. Hope this helps, Nick

Nardoo
04-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks Guys,

The explanation and the exploded diagram were very useful. I have pulled them down, cleaned, lubed and reassembled without mishap.

Now for more shooting to make them dirty again.

Nardoo

KeithDoyon
09-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Damn I wish that I had seen this earlier. That is how I THOUGHT it was supposed to be done.
But Noooooo.

Do this:
1. Cock the hammer!
2. Remove the pivot pins retainer cross piece and screw
3. Allow the breech block to move freely
4. Gently tap out the BREECH BLOCK pivot pin (the first of the two large transverse pins).
5. Wiggle out the breech block. It will come out SO easily you will be amazed.
6. While holding the hammer, pull the trigger to release and let it go WAY forward, into the area vacated by the breech block. Now all of the tension is off of the main spring.
7. Remove the hammer pivot pin. It will almost fall out.
8. Remove the hammer. It WILL fall out. It's that easy.

NOW, remove the tang screw, butt stock, receiver cross bolts, and lower receiver/trigger group.

Re-assembly is the reverse, and it will be so easy it will amaze you. The only even remotely tricky part is that you have to hold a slight pressure on the breech block to keep it centered as you insert the breech block pivot pin. But again, it's very easy.

Best!
Keith

Buckshot
09-23-2008, 03:34 AM
...............Hello Keith, and welcome to the board. Love our website. I sent you some information a few years back on a Comblain I have (Brazilian Carbine). I think you were still in school or doing whatever it was you were up to :-).

...............Buckshot

MtGun44
09-24-2008, 12:17 AM
These are extremely simple actions, one of the reasons that they were so
popular for the military around the world, in their day. The small number of
parts is amazing. Only slightly more complex than a wedge. :-)

Bill