PDA

View Full Version : Honda problems & fixed

Ivantherussian03
04-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I pulled my honda 4 wheeler out so it must be spring. The temperture is warm. I go to pull start it and the rope starter cord brakes; these are problems of an older machine.

I pulled into the shop, took off the recoil starter housing off. I replaced the rope, and reinstalled, which is tricky, and needed some help with. I put the cover back and reinstalled. It started on one pull. It starts easier than ever now.

I fixed it like I knew what I was doing.:-D

Powderpacker
04-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Ivan -
I just read (elsewhere) that gas is five bucks a gallon and 2 cycle oil is eight bucks a quart up there ! Is that true or was that a typo ?
Thanks , Ted

Ivantherussian03
04-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Those are Bush Alaska prices, which vary depending shipping, especially the fuel.

Here gas is 5.40, and oil was 5.27 a quart. We live here on the Yukon 1000 miles from Fairbanks. Fuel is shipped by barge in the summer. Some villages have to fly their fuel in, and that gets expensive. Villages like Selawik, Artic Village, Anituvik pass have to fly their fuel in. I am guessing their it is more than $10 dollars for a gallon of fuel.

I usually ship in oil by the case: snowmachine oil, boat oil, and engine oil. If you buy from the right people you get a case discount.

On the road system: Sitka, Juneau, Anchorage, Fairbanks, gas is more normal matcing west coast prices of the Lower 48.

People here are pretty concious about wasting fuel, and using it wisely: 4 stroke boat engine, small 340 snowmachines.