PDA

View Full Version : Fair Price for X-Ray Sheeting

Terrier
04-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately, I am going to have to sell the lead that I have aquired over the last few years. I would like to know what would be a fair price to ask for X-Ray sheeting lead from remodeling projects, some has sheet rock paper, some has construction adhesive ,and some is quite clean. This would be face to face in West Michigan.
1080# total in peices ranging from 7# to 52#.
Thanks,
Terrier

mrbillbus
04-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately, I am going to have to sell the lead that I have aquired over the last few years. I would like to know what would be a fair price to ask for X-Ray sheeting lead from remodeling projects, some has sheet rock paper, some has construction adhesive ,and some is quite clean. This would be face to face in West Michigan.
1080# total in peices ranging from 7# to 52#.
Thanks,
Terrier

West Michigan! Woohoo, great place to live (if you can't live up north).

Yes, I am interested in a face to face buy. But I really don't know what to offer. Let's see what others think is fair.

Bill

JIMinPHX
04-19-2012, 05:49 PM
I would expect the price to be in the range of $0.50-$1 per pound depending on how clean it is & if you find someone who is looking for lead of the same hardness that you have.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-19-2012, 06:10 PM
about two months ago.
I paid 60¢ per lb to a local 'part time' metal scrapper for six 40lb soft lead bars that came
out of a giant drill press, used as counter weights I guess.
they each had a chain (think bicycle drive chain) that was molded into the end.
Jon

GLL
04-19-2012, 06:14 PM
I pay up to $1.00 per pound for dead soft (pure) lead sheeting if it is super-clean ! MUCH less if glue/paper attached. I sort out any that still has even the slightest amount of sheetrock attached.
The gypsum is hydrated calcium sulfate which gets VERY exciting as the water volatizes in the pot !

Jerry