PDA

View Full Version : It's got a "thingy"

mnkyracer
04-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Found out yesterday that I'm gonna have a son. [smilie=w: Fiancee is due 9/5. We've been together 10 yrs, finally got engaged in July, now having a baby AND getting ready to level the 2nd story of our house this weekend (weather permitting) for a remodel. Doesn't look like there will be much shooting going on for the next few months.

Moonie
04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Congrats, sons are both wonderful to have and frustrating, think of all the things you did growing up, and how you would have killed you had you been the parent, your son will do all of them, and then some.

41 mag fan
04-17-2012, 09:12 AM
My mother always told me she'd get her revenge when I had kids.
Boy was she right, kids are no longer at home and she's still getting her revenge.
So out of spite, I carried on the tradition, and told both my daughter and son the same thing.
I'll be glad when I can sit back and smile, feeling the warmth of revenge thruout my body.

bbs70
04-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Moonie, it could be worse, I had 2 daughters.

gray wolf
04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
That sounds great,
a new little boy with someone you love and plans to re-do the house.
I wish the three of you the best of health and good tidings.

Sam

MBTcustom
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Then again, shooting might be the only thing that keeps you sane LOL!
Read what the Bible says about raising a son, follow it to a T. You will have a wonderful time and lots of adventures.
Kids are a blessing and a responsibility. You dont get the blessing unless you tack down the responsibility good and proper.
Model for him what a man should be.
Master his will as you have mastered your own and teach him how you did it when he is older.

blackthorn
04-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Outstanding!! Congratulations to both of you! You don't know your OLD until your oldest turns fifty and you realize that's half a century! Enjoy the journey!

southpaw
04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Congrats!

Do you know what the difference is between having a boy and a girl is? With a boy you only have to worry about one thingy, with a girl you have to worry about all the thingies. This was told to me by the guy doing the ultra sound. No we did not peek either time. I ended up with one of each. Wouldn't trade either one, perfect little angels. If you believe that one we need to talk, I have some stuff for sale.

Jerry Jr.

OBIII
04-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Congratulations and I hope all turns out well. I have 4 daughters. Revenge is sweet.

firefly1957
04-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Congrats!

fatnhappy
04-17-2012, 09:06 PM
My children are the greatest joy in my life. I hope you find the same happiness. Congrats!

jmsj
04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
mnkyracer,
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your son.
Raise him right and I hope you enjoy him as much as I enjoy my kids.
Good luck, jmsj

Moonie
04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Moonie, it could be worse, I had 2 daughters.

Incorrect, I have 5 of those...

mnkyracer
04-18-2012, 12:56 AM
I figured that since both of my sisters had boys, I would end up having a girl. It does mean that the reloading/gun room that was planned into the remodel will have to be repurposed into a baby room - at least for a little while.

Jammer Six
04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
You go, young man!

A piece of advice you didn't ask for, from a career as a general contractor: hire extra labor, get your lady (and your baby) back under cover at the earliest possible moment.

Don't live there while you do a second story, and move her back in fast.

A pregnancy is a big deal, and a second story is a big deal. One can be high stress, the other is high stress. Remodeling a home is third in line for generating stress, right behind divorce at number two and death of a spouse at number one.

Yeah. It's that high.

I wouldn't do them together, but if you must, don't consider living in a job site. Move out, finish fast, then move back in.

Best of luck, time to start looking at Ruger Mark IIIs to teach on!

And oh, congratulations! You've done your part to make the world go round, now there's just a couple chores left for a few years. :D

Ajax
04-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Grats,
My son is the light of my life. He has made me laugh and cry and I would not change it for the world. One thing to remember is no matter what you read or who gives you advice you will learn almost soley on trial and error. but with faith and patience you will have a great shooting buddy and friend for the rest of your life.

Andy

greenbud
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
really cool glad to know im not the only one in the "got to get it all done boat"
I also have a 2nd son on the way and a house to finish lol

Frank46
04-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Congratulations for the happy couple. We had empty nest syndrome a few years back when both daughters moved out to experience life in New Orleans. Two years later we got them back with two dogs and two fincee's. Glad to get the girls back could have done without the rest. Frank