Scrounger
07-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey Ya'll

Looking For PEEP Sight Apature's

If Anybody want to move on please Post
P.s Sight Needed is for a Lyman (old)

Thanx's
Chuck

I think Brownell's has them in their catalog if no one here offers anything.

Pop_No_Kick
07-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I think Brownell's has them in their catalog if no one here offers anything.

Thanx's Scrounger I Checked out there web site.. I had No Luck
they did have the peep assy's but were all Hi-tech.

Thanx's Anyway, Maybe Someone else might have one...

Thanx's
Chuck

Scrounger
07-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanx's Scrounger I Checked out there web site.. I had No Luck
they did have the peep assy's but were all Hi-tech.

Thanx's Anyway, Maybe Someone else might have one...

Thanx's
Chuck

They have many more things that are not listed on the website. Page 324 of their catalog has apertures listed, fancy ones and the common kind that come on the receiver sights. Choice of outside diameters and also aperture hole diameters available.

Pop_No_Kick
07-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Scrounge Thanx's for not given-up on me!
I got there Catalog on its way..(on-line Request)
What You Descibe To Me Is What I Want :grin:
Thanx's for the Help!
Chuck..

Pop_No_Kick
07-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Scrounger Do you have any Experiance with this Rifle.

MFG :UNIVERSAL
MODEL : M1 CARBINE
CAL: .30 M1 CARBINE

Trying to diagnose feeding prob.

THANX'S
CHUCK

Scrounger
07-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Scrounger Do you have any Experiance with this Rifle.

MFG :UNIVERSAL
MODEL : M1 CARBINE
CAL: .30 M1 CARBINE

Trying to diagnose feeding prob.

THANX'S
CHUCK

I am most happy to say I have no experience with that. I thought everyone on earth knew better to buy the Universal Carbine or any other gun they sold. I would say they have a terrible reputation but terrible probably isn't a bad enough word to use. The GI carbines were OK; I had a Plainfield that worked good, too, but a lot of people included them in with Universal. A bum rap, I thought. Fed Ord worked OK but no prestige in ownership. They made 1903A3s in the 70s, too. Now , IAI, Israeli Armament Industries, makes a good carbine, reliable and more accurate than the GI models. About $500 but they're asking more than that for the trashed GI models.... Just my opinion...

Pop_No_Kick
07-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I am most happy to say I have no experience with that. I thought everyone on earth knew better to buy the Universal Carbine or any other gun they sold. I would say they have a terrible reputation but terrible probably isn't a bad enough word to use. The GI carbines were OK; I had a Plainfield that worked good, too, but a lot of people included them in with Universal. A bum rap, I thought. Fed Ord worked OK but no prestige in ownership. They made 1903A3s in the 70s, too. Now , IAI, Israeli Armament Industries, makes a good carbine, reliable and more accurate than the GI models. About $500 but they're asking more than that for the trashed GI models.... Just my opinion...
The price was Good. to Good.
Well I can tell You that it was made in a simplistic manor, it looks like the gas piston is the prob. getting blow-by passed it. The mic. revield it ovaled
None of the GI tools work... Go figure. So gonna rig a jig and remove it
Hope the cylender is ok, I did shoot 100 rnd. thru it and it.
And about a dozen jams
MIDWAY got one for $14.00 + ship.
If I can dial this thing in I think it can be a good Truck gun...
and .30 carbine are only fun when u got 2 of em' for U & a friend

After the House note clears I will get one on its way and see if that helps
"now where did I put that tourch ? "

Thanx's Thats actually useful info from ya !
Chuck...

Frank46
07-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Chuck, check the feed rails on the carbine itself. My carbing had a burr on the left side that every so often would snag a rim and stop right there. So I stoned away the burr and replaced the old recoil spring with a new one and she runs like a charm. Had been shooting some ancient norma softpoint ammo through it and the remaining rounds never jammed after that. You may also want to replace the recoil spring. Big difference between the old one and the new. Frank

AZ Pete
07-03-2005, 08:31 PM
You can get the aperatures directly from Lyman, just give them a call.

Buckshot
07-04-2005, 06:44 AM
............You left out Iver Johnson! I had one. Exactly as GI issue, parts interchange and all.

Re: Peep sight apurture. Get one of those import 7x12 lathes and make your own to your heart's content. I don't remember exactly but the thread is either 40 or 48 TPI. You can knock'em out at about 10min/per. Fire blu'em and they're tits!

..............Buckshot

Four Fingers of Death
07-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Thats the model I think you need. Do a search on that and see how you go.

As to the Universal, for $14, it would be worth it to get a spare stock if it doesn't work out.

It's a pity, but after a disgruntled phone company worker went berko with a 30M1 and massacered a few people here they were confiscated and crushed. The silly thing is, he had cut the barrel down like a typical idiot and it wuldn'e cycle, except as a single shot.

Never got around to owning one, but used my friends all the time, fun gun, like using a pistol (sort of) for plinking, except they werern't as hard on the ears.

They were used in our prison system during the 60s, 70s and early 80s until being replaced by the Mini 14, which was replaced a few years ago by the Ruger carbine in 40S&W. As you can see, we have gone full circle from one popgun to another.

Pop_No_Kick
07-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Thats the model I think you need. Do a search on that and see how you go.

As to the Universal, for $14, it would be worth it to get a spare stock if it doesn't work out.

It's a pity, but after a disgruntled phone company worker went berko with a 30M1 and massacered a few people here they were confiscated and crushed. The silly thing is, he had cut the barrel down like a typical idiot and it wuldn'e cycle, except as a single shot.

Never got around to owning one, but used my friends all the time, fun gun, like using a pistol (sort of) for plinking, except they werern't as hard on the ears.

They were used in our prison system during the 60s, 70s and early 80s until being replaced by the Mini 14, which was replaced a few years ago by the Ruger carbine in 40S&W. As you can see, we have gone full circle from one popgun to another.

Kinda shoots like a marlin 60 .22 / except you can see what the bullet hit.
I got my GI Issue up in Ft. Lewis Wa. / Got it for $35.00 rifle only
got it thru the PDO (prop. disposal office) TO bad they dont sell em no more

It only takes 1 idiot to punish the rest..

Happy July 4, & And Happy Birthday America.
Chuck.