buster
04-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Found these monday in about 2 hours, took 4 days to figure out how to post pic

Ron
04-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Looks like they would be illegal here in Oz. Do you eat them or smoke em?:-D

kenjuudo
04-06-2007, 06:20 AM
buster, Get ya a mesh bag, plant 'em as ya go. They are just comming on in Decatur county.

JSH
04-06-2007, 07:35 AM
I have to agree with Jim, get a mesh bag, an old onion sack works well. A lot of morel territory is actually being ruined by plastic bags. I have seen what the mesh bags can do, takes a year or two but it does work.
I got to meet Larry Lonik a year before he passed away, quite the guy to speak with on this topic. He had hunted morels, top to bottom of this old earth.
I started finding them here last weekend. It is cold again, frost and some chance of snow flurries, supposed to be 19 Sunday. I think it will hammer the ground temp so bad that ours is over before it got started.
Jeff

Bret4207
04-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Oh man! At first I thought they were cat turds! Couldn't figure out why someone would post that. Better get my glasses.

Shepherd2
04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I read an article on morels last week and it said to use a mesh bag to let air circulate around the mushrooms and to scatter the spores. I figured to have some time to hunt them this afternoon but the cold weather the last couple days may have ruined that. I'll see.