PDA

View Full Version : It's gonna be a great rainy weekend...

Revolver
04-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Because Santa just arrived and there is a gun show.

HighHook
04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
My green machine is still running 28 years now.

I still believe in Santa...

9-toes
04-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I do believe I am a bit envious.

Revolver
04-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Gun Show Report: Lots of overpriced stuff but was nice to get out and browse. Picked up a top punch I needed and some lead balls to slug my barrels with.

Jal5
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Stayed home today, rainy here so I loaded up a bunch of 32 ACPs for plinking rounds and did the brass prep for quite a few more. Nice work for the morning.

Revolver
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Bad weather days are a good thing sometimes!

45-70 Chevroner
04-14-2012, 05:02 PM
We had 2"s of snow this morning, but it's all gone now. I didn't get out to the man cave though, I helped a neighbor build some storage shelves and a workbench. I am really wore out but the poor guy just did not have a clue about building anything. We built 6, 12' sections 3, 5' sections and 1, 8' work bench. I am going to try to get him into reloading, and maybe casting.

GRUMPA
04-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Dang 45-70 we got 6" here and now with the wind it's mostly gone, now we have fresh mud as far as the eye can see.

45-70 Chevroner
04-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Dido on the wind GRUMPA and it warmed up over hear at about noon. I hope I didn't loose my apple bloosms, whichs happens almost every year because of the wind or a late freeze.

GRUMPA
04-16-2012, 09:12 AM
For some reason or another the apples seem to do just fine, it's our apricots that really have an issue with it. Checked this A.M. and so far the apricots look like they did OK, if they do finally set fruit it'll be the first time since we planted them in 05.

Biggest issue we face is the local wildlife, as you know if you plant anything edible they seem to think you just opened up an all you can eat buffet just for them.

45-70 Chevroner
04-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Do you live in Concho or out in the cedars? Next time we head over to that area I'll send you a PM, maybe we can get together and talk.

GRUMPA
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
This was awhile ago but we met at a shoot about 2yrs ago, I sure do remember you there, it was my first time there.

I'll be at the "Y" this Saturday, I'll be the 1 selling ammo, that may be a bit closer for you and I'm there till 2pm.

And I'm in the cedars alright and frankly I don't know to many that aren't actually. I'm behind Concho about 2 1/2mi I can see the water tower from the back of my mountain.

smoked turkey
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I attended the NRA annual meeting in St. Louis over the weekend. It was my first and was well attended. Those folks know how to get the job done. In the voting, they have it down to a science and they know how to run a lot of people through in a short time. I told one of them I thought they should be in charge of some of the voting precincts during an election. I am glad I went. Saw a lot of neat new gear that is not "available" yet. We live in a time when we have so many choices in what to buy in the way of guns and ammo. The 2012 election could change all that if we don't get out and vote the current bunch out.
P.S. Sorry for posting this here. I noted another thread on the show after I did this.