PDA

View Full Version : Jeff's random thought of the day # 5.

JeffinNZ
04-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Parents that should be shot.

Today we went to the supermarket. I waited in the car whilst SWMBO goes in quickly to grab essential supplies. Wine I believe it was. Out the window beside me is a family in a smallish vehicle. Two adults, two tiny kids maybe 1 and 3 years old. The kids are in car seats but not strapped in. The littlest one is chinning on the carry handle of the seat it is sitting in. The car starts up and leaves and I am so stunned that I just had time to get the registration plate number. *555 call to the police and have my say. They were very happy to hear from me and the parents will at the very least get a visit from constable plod.

What is wrong with people? Have they not heard of transfer of momentum? A kids car seat is worthless unless it is 1) fastened to the car and 2) the occupant is fastened to the seat. It ain't rocket science. If the driver has to 'throw out the anchors' what will happen to the kids? Well duh.

Rangefinder
04-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Yup--I know exactly what you mean. Here in snow country I see parents all the time that I want to just smack the hell out of. In the middle of winter, I'll see parents walking from the car to the front of the grocery store--all bundled up--while carrying a kid that they didn't even have the good sense to put a proper coat on, much less a hat, scarf, gloves... Dumb as a football bat.

WARD O
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Genesis 4:9

Mk42gunner
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
You are exactly right, Jeff.

My mom, who turns 70 next week still throws her arm out like she is restraining my brother when she stops suddenly. He got to ride between Mom and Dad, my "car seat" was on top of the dog in the back seat, (so I could see out).

I have to admit though, when Mom was driving my daughter around, she made sure the actual carseat was properly fastened.

Robert

DIRT Farmer
04-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I am not much of a fan of seat belt laws but strongly belive that car seats should be required. Not only for the safty of the child but also have seen kids wandering around in cars. They could definatly be considered driver distraction.
Then there are the dogs that jump fromside to side in cars. I have seen big dogs jump in between the driver and the steering wheel.
When I worked EMS we called them job security.

1Shirt
04-14-2012, 09:25 AM
"Ya just can't fix stupid!"
1Shirt!

WILCO
04-14-2012, 10:12 AM
*555 call to the police and have my say. They were very happy to hear from me and the parents will at the very least get a visit from constable plod.

The Nazis were very happy to hear of Ann Frank too! [smilie=s:

WILCO
04-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Genesis 4:9

Doesn't apply. Taken out of context. Clearly you haven't had enough tyranical government intervention brought against you. Good luck with that. [smilie=s:

429421Cowboy
04-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I can't believe some people... Had a lengthy discussion in writing class last week as we began a persuasive essay, in the form of a letter to the editor, about how people should be able to pass a IQ test before they can reproduce! One of my 81 year old Grandfather's favorite sayings is "In any major city, you gotta have a licence to own a dog, yet any fool can find another fool and have as many kids as they want??".