PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Junker changed name to Revolver

Revolver
04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Just a heads up, I changed my handle to "Revolver" from "Junker." Junker was the license plate of an old beat up truck I had ages ago, I used it on some automotive forums over the years and just kept using it because it was familiar.

I decided to drop it because I felt it may give some users the wrong impression of me. I chose Revolver because, well, I love revolvers!

:Fire:

RobS
04-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Sounds alright..................good to have you on the forum.

MT Gianni
04-12-2012, 10:57 PM
I hoped that didn't come from my gently jerking your chain in the Lee mold thread. What revolvers do you like to shoot?

Revolver
04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
I hoped that didn't come from my gently jerking your chain in the Lee mold thread. What revolvers do you like to shoot?

Nah, I have thicker skin that that my friend. I had actually been thinking about it for months. I can dish it and take it, I'm good for it. :drinks:

To answer your question, I like shooting my Ruger 44 mag and recently picked up a Dan Wesson 445 Supermag which I am really enjoying. Also I usually have my Ruger SP101 357 mag at my side and shoot it often. My kids like to shoot an old 22LR revolver that I fixed up.

That Lee mold you just mentioned is a 310 grain mold that I ordered for my 445 Supermag. Today my powder valley order arrived, including a pound of AA 1680 to compliment the 310 grain boolit.

Now just waiting for my RCBS Pro-melt to be delivered as my previous casting was done at a friends house.

Suo Gan
04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Nah, I have thicker skin that that my friend. I had actually been thinking about it for months. I can dish it and take it, I'm good for it. :drinks:

To answer your question, I like shooting my Ruger 44 mag and recently picked up a Dan Wesson 445 Supermag which I am really enjoying. Also I usually have my Ruger SP101 357 mag at my side and shoot it often. My kids like to shoot an old 22LR revolver that I fixed up.

That Lee mold you just mentioned is a 310 grain mold that I ordered for my 445 Supermag. Today my powder valley order arrived, including a pound of AA 1680 to compliment the 310 grain boolit.

Now just waiting for my RCBS Pro-melt to be delivered as my previous casting was done at a friends house.

I have always wanted a 445 Dan Wesson. I am green with envy! I was in on the ribbing too, I just assumed you were another 'poor' old junk man. I know a CPA that does work for some junk men, don't let the old cars and scruffy beards fool you.

greenbud
04-13-2012, 12:25 AM
lol Revolver I know how it is. My sig is a play on my last name not a substance sold on the streat. But what ever works man.

goofyoldfart
04-13-2012, 02:20 AM
lol Revolver I know how it is. My sig is a play on my last name not a substance sold on the streat. But what ever works man.

AND what is wrong with the substance sold on the street??????:kidding: God Bless to all and theirs.

Goofy:lol:

Revolver
04-13-2012, 08:45 AM
...I just assumed you were another 'poor' old junk man. I know a CPA that does work for some junk men, don't let the old cars and scruffy beards fool you.

I'm a networking/IT robot by day and a wannabe redneck at all other hours... raised in a city I'm now loving a life of freedom in the Maine woods and trying to make up for lost time.

Charlie in Co
04-13-2012, 09:26 AM
I have a Monson DW 445 with 10" vent heavy. AA1680 will give you top velocity and accuracy with the heavy bullets. Be aware that the top end loads will definately get your attention. Elgin Gates designed this round for IHMSA silhouttes. I can't imagine going a full course with top loads and it really isn't needed to take down the 200m rams. It is however a superb hunting cartridge.

archmaker
04-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Revolver I sound just like you, I am sitting out in the woods in my trailer house with three laptops going, logged into another system in another city and using it to hop to another system across the country. Having to 'hack' into a bank.

Of course I am wearing the official home hacking outfit jeans, boots, and 1911 on the hip, and the 44SBH on the desk next to me. Next week I have to look civilized, suit and ties, and leave the weepons! at home. :(

leadbutt
04-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Imho I like junker better. Now it just looks like your conforming for the site. Your now one step away from changing ur name again to Boolit Caster.:kidding:

L. Bottoms

Freightman
04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
I had a 44 mag Dan Wesson and like a idiot traded it for something I thought I had to have , also sold a 357 that was in the box with all the barrels but I needed the money badly at the time gave $200 for it and sold it for $700, still wish I had it and the 44.
Welcome Revolver and have fun.

Moonie
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
As I've said elsewhere, I had a 7445 DW, that is the gun I miss the most of all that I have parted company with.