PDA

View Full Version : Keep your guard up!!!

AZ-JIM
04-10-2012, 11:13 PM
I got this in an email and had to check it out....

I did some checking on-line and this appears to be factual. Remington, located in North Carolina is the main front company, it's owned by Freedom Group, Inc.. It's CEO is from Cerberus. I'm surprised NRA hasn't put anything out about this
SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT KNOW THAT IS HAPPENING
Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns ?????
For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has bee buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to
stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.
Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by acompany called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! One of the
most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance) If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars an Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros .

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/do-you-know-about-the-freedom-groups-major-role-in-american-gunmaking/
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2011/10/internet-rumors-about-cerberus,-freedom.aspx?s=cerberus&st=&ps=

These sources say false with a few others but that is no reason to let your guard down! It is hard telling who on the board Soros may be influencing, I hope not but you never know. I looked up Cerberus also, it’s a financial holdings company, with no mention of Soros. But…. Cerberus is also a greek mythical creature; what is described as a three headed hell hound that guards the gate to the underworld. That is a freaky coincidence by itself.
I’m just sayin…..

az-jim

Ickisrulz
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm surprised NRA hasn't put anything out about this

The NRA has put something out about this...they say it isn't true.

a.squibload
04-10-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2011/10/internet-rumors-about-cerberus,-freedom.aspx?s=cerberus&st=&ps=

AZ-JIM
04-10-2012, 11:54 PM
The NRA has put something out about this...they say it isn't true.

Yes, for the little amount of time I spent on this the findings say it is false, ( I added the NRA/ILA link to my post, thank you)
I'm just sayin I dont trust the guy and keep your gaurd up, awareness is key to prevention.

az-jim

Jammer Six
04-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Let me know if a piece of sky actually hits the ground.

runfiverun
04-11-2012, 02:20 AM
you want something that will open your eyes see who was invested in the company importing all the norinco stuff that clinton put the kibosh on.
and when they sold thier holdings.

firefly1957
04-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Careful to much worry about such things will turn your face blue.....oops to late!:kidding:

FISH4BUGS
04-11-2012, 07:45 AM
My understanding is that the standard grade Reynolds Aluminum foil (household brand) is not especially good to form tin foil hats out of. Perhaps the industrial grade (.030" average thickness) is better.
May I suggest trying that version?

Jim Flinchbaugh
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
:bigsmyl2:Amerimax .014 flashing would be better,

runfiverun
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
oooooohhhh aluminum pirate hats....:lol:
not making fun of you jim,just having fun.

firefly1957
04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
NO NO NO it must be tin or it will still let in the government messages even if they become garbled! Lead will work in a pinch if you are properly grounded.

Of course if you are "properly grounded" you do not need the hat!

Goatwhiskers
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Foil has a shiny side and a dull side. Be sure to put the shiny side out for the reflective properties or some stuff will leak in. Goat

FISH4BUGS
04-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Foil has a shiny side and a dull side. Be sure to put the shiny side out for the reflective properties or some stuff will leak in. Goat

I should have mentioned that. However, my training was before the standards were measured shiny vs. dull side. Bell Labs proved in 1986 that the shiny side had a better wave dispersion and rejection (via reflection) than the dull side by some 20%. I was working with the industrial vs the home grade testing in the early 80's.
Sorry about the important missed fact.

Jammer Six
04-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Do any of our members make mold for pouring tin hats?

10 ga
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Can you imagine how batty this info drives the anti's! One of their own actually making a PROFIT, on the unethical and eternally sinful business of manufacturing anything for profit!

I have a WWII era liner and helmet, several layers of Aluminum, brass, Gold and silver paint and a layer of ablative Copper boat bottom paint on the old "pot" provide plenty of shielding! LOL

10 ga

Jammer Six
04-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm married to a liberal.

Believe me, they don't notice the arm waving around here.

AZ-JIM
04-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow, I don't mind a little friendly razzing, but tin hats and the sky is falling? As I stated in my original post, the email I was sent turns out to be false. I didn't think this sort of thing would be taken so lightly, or as if it were not possible. I had no intentions of trying to convince anyone that gun manufacturers were going to cease to manufacture civilian firearms or anything of the sort. I posted what I feel is both sides of an issue merely as something to think about other than typical anti gun legislation and the anti's methods of doing business. I firmly belive that if we are naive, in that such things can happen other than by legislation alone, we are sadly mistaken. Keep your guard up.

az-jim

MBTcustom
04-11-2012, 11:13 PM
I learned about freedom group a while ago. I don't think that they have any intention of destroying their customer base and all of the billions of dollars they make off of us folks, but one point that I do agree with AZ-Jim about is that it is a little disturbing that so many of the manufacturers are owned by the same company. That is a strength in some ways, but it could be a weakness also.
I am a little confused about your advice to "keep your guard up" though. It kind of reminds me of the situation we have here in central Ar with the nuclear power plant over in Russellville....built conveniently close to a fault line. If someone was to tell me to "keep my guard up" about that, I would feel the same way. How exactly do you guard against something so much bigger than you are? If freedom arms was to do "something?" all we could do is watch it happen and hope our NRA dollars will do some good. That's pretty much all I can do.

Jammer Six
04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
AZ-Jim, you can probably expect the same reaction whenever you try to "warn" us about zombies, martians, black helicopters, ray guns, mind control lasers, the Moonies, Mormons or the Freedom Group.

The best bet is to assume that we can look out for ourselves, and figure out where the real threats are on our own.

AZ-JIM
04-11-2012, 11:40 PM
I am a little confused about your advice to "keep your guard up"

It simply means be aware of whats going on around you

AZ-Jim, you can probably expect the same reaction whenever you try to "warn" us about zombies, martians, black helicopters, ray guns, mind control lasers, the Moonies, Mormons or the Freedom Group.

The best bet is to assume that we can look out for ourselves, and figure out where the real threats are on our own.

Haha thats fine, next time I see a black helicopter from the moon, piloted by ray gun armed zombies and martians, with a Mormon door gunner operating the mind control laser, you'll be the last to know and I'll be in my backyard bunker with my tin hat and my SHTF box.

By the way no offense meant in any way, shape or form to anyone Mormon who reads this, I am only re-using what was posted by Jammer.

az-jim

303Guy
04-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Mormons don't have or use computers so they won't be offended cause they won't know. Or is that the Hamish?

Idaho Sharpshooter
04-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Has anybody noticed that the Mormon candidate is the only republican with only one wife...?

badbob454
04-12-2012, 01:39 AM
just wear the hat our polititians wear stick your head up your ... er i forgot what i was gonna say:kidding:
i say buy another gun for later on , and one they dont know you have ..:hijack:

kappy
04-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I really wish people who throw together all this **** (the origin of this story, NOT the OP for this thread) could be thrown in jail. It isn't freedom of speech, it's just libel. If only someone could track them down.

Why? Because it isn't OK to lie, whether you're going after liberals or conservatives. It hurts our national political discourse.

If you have to resort to lying, it just proves that your stance isn't strong enough.

Jammer Six
04-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Oh, no worries, no offense taken.

The only Mormon I know (knew) well would commit adultery, but she wouldn't watch an R rated movie.

(And Idaho, you know that's not even close to true, right?)

Bret4207
04-12-2012, 06:51 AM
It simply means be aware of whats going on around you

Haha thats fine, next time I see a black helicopter from the moon, piloted by ray gun armed zombies and martians, with a Mormon door gunner operating the mind control laser, you'll be the last to know and I'll be in my backyard bunker with my tin hat and my SHTF box.

By the way no offense meant in any way, shape or form to anyone Mormon who reads this, I am only re-using what was posted by Jammer.

az-jim

Jim, I feel for you. Having spent a lot of time trying to get all the "concerned" gun owners on a whole mess of internet sites up to date and to get them organized to fight actual legislation, I know that the "the sky ISN'T falling" crowd will be what costs us our gun rights. Too fat and lazy, too arrogant and blind to believe our rights really are in danger and to do anything about it beyond lip service. True enough, you have to research things, but Soros really is evil, a lot of people really do want us disarmed and more or less enslaved and those who make derisive comments are part of the problem, not he solution. So, my tin foil hat is off to you for at least trying. The bad guys are out there, there's no need to imagine them, they're real.

Janoosh
04-12-2012, 07:41 AM
+1 Brett and az-jim. I believe the saying is "To be forewarned is to be forarmed". And Brett, I whole heartedly believe your tagline is correct. We can't ride others shoulders, nor let others ride ours. As Samuel Adams said "let us become brushfires of freedom". Stubborn in our cause, firm in our stance. LOL...... I prefer the shiny side up, restaurant grade, tin foil.

Moondawg
04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
AZ-Jim, you can probably expect the same reaction whenever you try to "warn" us about zombies,

As to the Zombies, there is a lot about those creatures that the government is hiding from us, a whole lot. If what the government is not telling us about the Zombies is true they could represent a clear and present danger. Just Saying. Zombies are something to guard agaisnt. Thankfully, Zombies are pretty slow moving and it doesn't take a big high velocity slug to put one down. A 22 long rifle through the cranium will do the trick.

shdwlkr
04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Bret and Az-Jim
First we know most people don't want to believe or even think of such negative activities.
Second is it happening you know it is and one day when the control is all in a few hands so will all who would not believe it was happening.

As to Mormons there are good ones, bad ones and those in between just like any other religion

As to the tin foil hats if they are not industrial quality and have good electro magnetic capabilities and grounded they aren't much good. The reason these are needed is because they force you to keep your head down and close to the ground, think weight here

As to one day things getting really bad think if the Emperor with NO Clue decides to declare Marshall law because he knows he can win, Is the Republican want a be any better, from my chair he is a greater threat than what we have now but not in the same areas.

Think about this has the Republican said what his stand is on 2nd Amendment? How much knowledge does he have on foreign policy?, What is his view on our military?, Protecting our borders? Reducing the cost of fuel?, does he know what it is like to have to decide between buying fuel to get to work or food for the family? Does he know what it means to go to work and not know if your are coming home that night because of how dangerous your job is?, Does he really have the conservative and silent majority of the nation behind him?

Some have said his religion is an issue, I remember when a man by the name of Kennedy ran for President and the same fears were present seems to me he did just fine.

Soros is a very dangerous skeeming dirt bag, Just like the New World Order, the Amendment 21 all are designed to put the world under the thumb of the master and also to eliminate a whole lot of us so things will be better. Think 90% of the world population must be removed so those left will have a better place to live.

If we don't see a change in the Belt Way then we will not be a free nation in 2013 if we even get that far before we lose our freedoms what few we really have left.

I wonder if there will even be an election in 2012 as if things are going really bad for the Emperor with No Clue he will not go down without destroying as much as he can while he can and if he sees a place to declare Marshall law and become the first Dictator of the New Country of Lost America and make us a 4th rate nation he will not pass up the chance to do so.

The fix was in for the Republican child way back in 2008 when he lost to the loser McCain to be the anointed one. The Republican party is stuck in the early 19th century in thinking and what America needs it is sad. The difference between the two parties right now is the animal that represents the party. They both want to destroy the nation and become dictators as they see that Capitalism is not a good thing only when it is all gone and the people who care are dead will they realize they have no idea how to feed themselves, get the fuel for their vehicles, and really how to do anything but whine about how they need this or that, that they were wrong.

America can come back but it will need some big changes, first we were a Christian nation with Christian values, we must accept that someone far greater than our selves has helped us to be free for a long long time, we must not enter into any conflict without the express intent of winning at all costs, the nation must go on war time footing, everyone must be in it to win the soldiers and those back home, Congress has no part in the military decisions beyond agreeing we should fight and then it is up to the military to win the day.
We need less government not more, EPA, HSO, FDA, TSA should all be gone, If our airports and borders need protecting then that is why we have the military it is their job to protect the nation and should be allowed to do so. Will it take a larger military? most likely but with the economy look how many we can put to work in a positive need.

We need to once again make it very clear to the world that if they touch, harass, or kill an American that we will respond in a very negative way to those who did the act and the nation that allowed it to happen.

As to our debt to China well we can do two things keep borrowing more and make us more slaves to China or make them a deal to buy back our notes all of them at say 10 cents on the dollar or tell China that we don't honor that debt and let the chips fall where they may. Now how do we do this first all imports get to pay 500-1000% import duty period if it is not made in our borders you pay period no most favored nation status, no free ride, If a company feels it is better off in say Mexico or Canada or China or where ever than being a whole American company then they should pay the price.

If we import oil it should also be taxed as an import at the going rate of 500-1000% think it will be cheaper to import than develop our own resources then? No company can have the great profits that we see the oil companies enjoying. Some say that will stop investing and I wonder why did I say tax the companies, nope only what is imported, did I say we don't look for oil in our own part of the world nope, Did I say we need to bring industry back to America, yep. Did I say this idea what we have to import stuff cheaply so our industries can't compete nope, I said it is time to close that door and make it cheaper to do the work here.

Did I say we need to have more government nope as a matter of fact I think Congress should be a part time job of say 8 months a year, no retirement plan, no special way of increasing their pay without a vote by the nation not the congress, you can only serve for 6 years in Congress and one term as President no you can't do both. NO more career political jobs, no special treatment and a way to create you own wealth while there. If you go into office as a middle class American you walk out in the same status no increase in personal wealth.

All elections should have a cap on can be spent period no special groups donating anything. As now offices are bought and paid for with dirty money and yes it is going on right now as I write this. No candidate can run without a long form birth certificate on file, no hiding information of any kind, ONLY 1% of the elected individuals can be lawyers, or well to do the rest must be working class Americans those who have to live within a budget and make cuts where needed to stay in their budget.
NO spending money we don't have, no printing paper money that has nothing backing it. Time to go back to the gold and silver standard. No records of who has what ever and no law saying the government can take anything of yours just because they can, think gold and silver here.

NO taxing of individuals beyond say 6% total for the year that is government taxes, state taxes, local taxes, sales taxes. Encourage individuals to put 10% into savings and even give them a tax credit if they put more in for doing so, this is how you build up a strong and secure nation, not by taxing the people to the point they can't live, have little to no money to spend.

Make social security a phased out thing. Make the people save for their own retirement and be responsible for it. For those who are on social security it is theirs for life and yes it should be tax free. Once a person retires they should be able to live comfortably, have good medical care and also be able to feel safe in their old age.

NO taxes of any kind for transferring a farm operation on to the next generation, a company well maybe they should pay a one time fee of say 5% of value of the company at the time of transfer. Remember they are only paying the same 6% as the rest of the nation on taxes, no tax loop holes like now, if you make say 100 million this year your tax is 6% of that done no long hard tax codes to deal with no incentives to worry about.

If you go with solar power, hydro power you get a tax break as we can use the fuel saved for something else.

Workers pay should be tied to what it really costs them to live comfortably not to what they think they should be paid.

NO more unions that control a workers thoughts, right to work or not work. NO union political power base, no big union dues, no union bullies to tell the workers how they will do this or that or pay for not doing so.

No one gets into America without going through the immigration process, if you come in illegally you go home period. I don't care who in your family is already here. Either you come in legally or you go home.
Any company or employer that has illegals working for them pay $1,000,000 dollar fine for each illegal worker, if that puts the company out of business tough you knew the risk.

Drug trafficking should become a life sentence without parole no matter at what level dealer you are period. We have lots of rocks that need busted into smaller rocks for you to keep busy at doing.

Any nation that threatens America should be fully aware we will reward them in a negative way for the gesture in whatever means seems to be the most costly to that nation or group in that nation that feels this is a good idea. Am I saying use nuclear response nope that is not good for anyone, but there are other means that can be just as negative to a nation and no one has to worry about nuclear fall out.

But if a nation is stupid enough to use nuclear weapons against us then we should be just as kind to them in our response and to make sure it is most effective in its location of landing.

Am I hawk not really more of Eagle/ grizzly bear don't wake me up when I am enjoying the sun and don't think I don't see what your doing.
sorry for the long post but I just felt it was time to get some things out in the open. Will some not like my thoughts you bet, will some understand maybe, will some think I have gone over the wall yep.

Oh well I can now go back into my dark corner and eat my cookies and milk and sleep some more maybe.

ErikO
04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Jim, I feel for you. Having spent a lot of time trying to get all the "concerned" gun owners on a whole mess of internet sites up to date and to get them organized to fight actual legislation, I know that the "the sky ISN'T falling" crowd will be what costs us our gun rights. Too fat and lazy, too arrogant and blind to believe our rights really are in danger and to do anything about it beyond lip service. True enough, you have to research things, but Soros really is evil, a lot of people really do want us disarmed and more or less enslaved and those who make derisive comments are part of the problem, not he solution. So, my tin foil hat is off to you for at least trying. The bad guys are out there, there's no need to imagine them, they're real.

+1.

Bret, you and I have gone back and fourth and round-a-round on a few issues. The assault on the Constitution by the Powers That Be is not one of them, I do hope. :)

Soros, the Koch Brothers, the whole stinking Du Pont family...these are NOT our friends. These are the ones that want THEIR rights respected and forget everyone else unless they can pay to play.

bowfin
04-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Maybe not a conspiracy, but have you noticed the track record of quality and customer satisfaction of most of those companies since they have been brought together under one roof???

They don't need an evil arch-nemesis type bad guy to destroy them. They just need to keep doing what they are doing and keep not doing what they don't do, and that should grind those companies down.

Remington can't make a decent pump gun, Marlin can't make a lever action, all the skilled employees at Bushmaster are now competing against Bushmaster at Wyndham Arms. Who needs George Soros to make it worse?

ErikO
04-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Bowfin, this isn't just the firearms industry. Honestly, customer service has fallen WAY off in several avenues.

If Del-Ton, Bravo and Palmetto State have a better chance to compete against Bushmaster, so much the better. I love seeing smaller, more nimble companies 'de-pants' the larger conglomerates, its what kept this country strong.

Shdwlkr, you hit several things that do need to happen to get us moving again. Unfortunately, since they would again decentralize the powerbase, they will probably not happen.

Jammer Six
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
As to our debt to China well we can do two things keep borrowing more and make us more slaves to China or make them a deal to buy back our notes all of them at say 10 cents on the dollar or tell China that we don't honor that debt and let the chips fall where they may.

As the Cherokee would say, "here we go again..."

shdwlkr
04-12-2012, 09:25 PM
My Native American ancestors would never have borrowed the money in the first place!!