PDA

View Full Version : Meeting a Member

9.3X62AL
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
This morning I had the great pleasure to meet Pat Marlin for breakfast and coffee. He happened to be in my area picking up some equipment, so we got together and got acquainted. Another of the many interesting and fascinating people I've met via membership here. He brought along a pack of sawdust for casting purposes, and that will get a test-drive this evening if all goes well. His traveling companion--an 8-week old puppy--was positively adorable. He looked like a cattle dog/shorthaired pointer mix, and it's a good thing Marie and the girls weren't along with me--that pup would have been kidnapped!

doc25
04-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Good for you! It's nice to meet people with the same interests.

JeffinNZ
04-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I've made some really good "e-friends" via this type of forum.

I frequent the Muzzleloader Forum and about 5 years ago asked one of the member for some advice on a rebarrel project. Since then we have become good friends and I have actually visited him in Alabama..............from New Zealand!

Another ML Forum member contacted me from Alaska as he and his wife were planning a trip to NZ so on arrival I met them and took them for a drive around city at night with views from hills etc.

Nice to meet nice people.

BigSlick
04-05-2007, 07:48 AM
One of my best shooting bud's and I got together from a hair brained idea we cooked up in another forum.

I ended up casting my first few bullets on his equipment and I was hooked. We shoot different things so it's always fun to go to the range.
________
BrigitteHunter (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/BrigitteHunter/)

Bass Ackward
04-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Tell me the truth Al, don't BS me here. One head, two arms and legs? As many converstaions as I have had with him, I wonder sometimes. :grin:

He won't shoot his guns more'en once and you like taking 9.3s on long nature walks without pulling the trigger. You guys ought to have a lot in common. :grin: