PDA

View Full Version : Hope you all had a happy Easter

jmsj
04-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Hey Guys,
I hope all had a great Easter.
We did, spent the morning in church and had family and a friend over for supper. My wife and mother in law made pheasant and dumplings for the main course and all the trimmings. I have never had this before and it was great. I am now overstuffed and feel like slipping into a over-eating induced coma.
Happy Easter and God Bless, jmsj

waksupi
04-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Next time you have pheasant and dumplings, let me know!

missionary5155
04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Greetings
Resurrection day is just about my favorite day of the year. Sing those great hymns about His coming forth Victorias and read the Gospel accounts of that Sunday morning is fantastic. And get to do it with others of like mind in the Lord Jesus ! Great day to be a Christain.
Mike in Peru

myg30
04-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Man that sounds way to good. I need to be at your place next holiday.
The Easter bunny didnt bring me anything from RCBS,lyman,lee or hogden,speer etc.... BUT, I did get some of those malted milk balls in different colors in my basket.

Hope everyone has/had a great Easter weekend, God Bless.

Mike

jmsj
04-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Mike in Peru,
I have to agree w/ you. I tell my kids (8 &12) that Easter is my favorite holy day. They know the reason for Easter but I guess they are still too young to grasp the importance of the celebration.
At our house visitors are always welcome so you guys have an open invite. My wife always invites anyone that doesn't have plans for the holidays to come and eat at our house. She has the ability to always make sure there is enough to eat for everyone. Some holidays it is just us and one time we fed about 9 extras and we were glad to do so.
Good luck, jmsj

starmac
04-09-2012, 02:39 AM
Had a great easter, didn't do much, but went for a drive.
My daughter posted on facebook a picture of the grandkids at the beach in florida. lol
We went to the river and took pictures so that the wife could tell her we went to the beach too, and I can still walk on water. lol

Olevern
04-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Got to spend Easter with my family in N.J., however, didn't quite end up as envisioned.

Before I left, had my local mechanic go over my front end as I wanted to put new tires on and get an allignment. Instructed mechanic to make sure everything was tight in the front end so that I could get the tires and allignment. Mechanic replaced a front wheel bearing hub and pronounced it good.

Traveled to NJ (figured to get tires a bit cheaper as a lot more competition than in the sticks where I live) and they told me on Sat. couldn't do allignment as a ball joint was loose. Looked while on lift, shook tire, sure enough it was loose. They wanted $100.00 an hour for an estimated two hours to put it in, said "no, thanks, will do it myself",

Went back to daughters house, used son-in-laws tools and ground out and then drilled out the rivits, replaced the ball joint. In the process, discovered a bad C/V joint. Not in stock, but o.k. for next day (Easter Sunday) delivery. Ordered C/V joint and on Sunday morning, instead of being in church, laying out under the van installing C/V joint and putting everything back together, 'cause we had to leave Mon. to be back to work on Tuesday.

Now, (Mon), leaving in a few to go get tires and allignment. If that dang mechanic had just done what I tol him to do (make sure everything in front end is tight), would have been able to enjoy some time with kids and grandkids instead of laying under a van all weekend. Grrrrr