PDA

View Full Version : Success!

melw
04-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Finally some good boolits!:drinks: I changed to my Lee 10Lb pot that I had just cleaned out. I smoked the mold good and went to town.
I had some that I had to send back to the pot but most look good now. May change when I look at the cool boolits. I did let the mold get to hot at one point and a bunch came out frosted. I also cleaned and smoked a 7mm Lyman mold and cast up some just becouse I could.:mrgreen:
Now I just need to get the right top punch to lube these SWC boolits.
Hay who has a good deal on 7mm gas checks?
Thanks for the good advice.
Some Pics.

Wayne Smith
04-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Make yourself a 'universal' nose punch for flat nosed bullets. 1/4" bolt cut off and mounted in your lube sizer! Works fine for round nose bullets, too.

Shiloh
04-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Good question about gas checks. Midway has 'em for about $25 per 1000.
I have Hornady gas checks that says $17.99 on the box. Not that old.

Everything component related is going up. Aren't you glad you 'Roll your own??

Shiloh

melw
04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Make yourself a 'universal' nose punch for flat nosed bullets. 1/4" bolt cut off and mounted in your lube sizer! Works fine for round nose bullets, too.

Ok I will give that a try.
Thanks for the idea.
MelW.

GrizzLeeBear
04-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Make yourself a 'universal' nose punch for flat nosed bullets. 1/4" bolt cut off and mounted in your lube sizer!

Damn, now why didn't I think of that! Great idea!

tomf52
04-04-2007, 01:25 PM
melW - Are those Lee 105 swc's in the pic on the left? If so, the're the best shootin' bullet I've come across so far in my .38,.357, and 9MM. Found they are most accurate when loaded in the upper range of the powder scale for those shells.

melw
04-04-2007, 02:19 PM
melW - Are those Lee 105 swc's in the pic on the left? If so, the're the best shootin' bullet I've come across so far in my .38,.357, and 9MM. Found they are most accurate when loaded in the upper range of the powder scale for those shells.

I am not shure what Lee number they are. They are 200Gr .45 from a Lee mold.
I have shot 200Gr SWC in my .45s for as long as I have been reloading them.
I used to buy them from a gun shop that got them from a retired guy in this area.
He used H&G molds. That was twenty years ago. I guess he is long gone now.
I will be trying this boolit as I have used the last of my old stock that I have had on hand.
Mel W.