PDA

View Full Version : RCBS size dies - downward compatible?

Jtarm
04-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I happened across an older RCBS lubrisizer in a pawn shop today, I don't know what vintage. The wrench and lube reservoir cap appeared missing, but it's in excellent condition. I could probably take it home for $50.

Are the current dies compatible with the older lub-a-matics?

Thanks!

cheese1566
04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Buy it! It's a steal!!!!

I have a RCBS Lubematic (the older version that uses a ratchet wrench).

It uses Lyman and RCBS size dies, no problem.

(Just be careful! It is common for the sizing die nut to not tighten down flush with the casting. Don't overtighten!!)

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
04-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Go grab it. RCBS will send you the missing parts, two new o-rings and the fibre seal. While you're waiting for those parts, pull what you have apart (you can download the manual on the RCBS website, find out what parts you're missing and email them about the missing parts), clean it, boil out the old lube if there is any, paint it if it's dinged up (do a search for my recent posts and you'll find the paint you need, sold at home depot) and have yourself a real nice lube sizer. There's a link on the forum to the wrench if you look a little bit, you'll find it and be able to order a new wrench.

Congrats on finding a good buy.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
04-08-2012, 12:38 AM
BTW, I would point out to them it's missing several parts and will need a refurb. You might be able to get it for a good bit less.

Jtarm
04-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks, I'll call tomorrow and see if they'll hold it for me, can't make it till Wednesday.