PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

Love Life
04-07-2012, 03:55 PM
It is a beautifule Nevada day outside. No wind for the first time in weeks and a tropical 63 degrees.

As I sit here I am torn. Do I go out and smelt a little, or do I take a nap on the porch?

My 6:30 AM awakening time and pound of eggs and bacon in the belly say NAP!!!

My ingot pile says SMELT!!!!

Hmmmm. What to do. I hope you are all enjoying the day as much as I am!

runfiverun
04-07-2012, 04:12 PM
go shoot...

41mag
04-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I have to agree with the weather, it was a VERY nice 58 degrees this morning here at the farm. I headed down the hill at first light with my 25-06AI slung across one shoulder and my 44mag strapped to my hip.

I was a bit disappointed in the absolute full moon as most of the night the hogs were rooting up the edges of our pastures under seemingly every oak tree looking for what ever they could find.

I rounded a little point of trees that extends out from our spring fed bottom, and found what I was looking for. Just as I rounded the edge of the trees which allowed the full view of a wooded hillside, out from the other end of the bottom came a nice sized boar hog.

At just over 250yds it was a chip shot for the AI. As I slipped a round into the chamber, and extended the legs of the Harris bi-pod, he slowly and nonchalantly strolled right out into full view. As he stopped to survey the open pasture I slipped the safety off and tickled the 1.5# Jewell trigger and down he went like a sack of wet dirt.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/28954f80a59dd225f.jpg

I timed it just right, as just after I got him to the house the wife pulled got back from the store, and helped me dress him out, quarter him up, and toss him in the chest freezer to chill out. She had the tough part and only finished up about an hour ago washing, trimming, and wrapping, not to mention seasoning and throwing the ribs on the pit while I was out fixing some fence.

So yep she and I both agree, that NAP is really sounding good about now.....

stubshaft
04-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd take a nap and dream of smelting lead!

WILCO
04-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I took a 15 min. nap. Now I'm going out to fire up some charcoal! Having a "Chicago" to boot!

starmac
04-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Chicago?????? What I'm stuck with from chicago, I will be glad to see turn into a kenyan again.