PDA

View Full Version : Too much lino? what to do...

Shome10x
04-06-2012, 02:09 PM
I think I have a ton & half of lino & small amounts of soft lead. I'm casting for 45acp pistols...so I could use straight lino to cast match bullets. Should I?

The only other option is trading for lead, but I don't want to ship. Between casters, why waste money shipping? Any members near central MO? I guess I could sell some lino, but I really don't want to ship and I still need softer lead.....

Any ideas...

thanks,

Chris G.

sargenv
04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Buy lead from one of the online vendors here that sells soft lead? There was someone here selling large truckload lots of 98pb/2sb for a decent price.. Alloy Lino with that stuff and make the lino stretch out a bit..

fredj338
04-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Back when there was a lot of lino available, it is all I cast with because it cast so well. I used to get it free from the local print shop or paid as much as 25c/# delivered, wishi I had bought a lot more! Keep the lino & look for scrap lead sources. Range lead is a great mix w/ lino for any caliber, even 45acp. Mix it 3-1 lead/lino or 4-1 range lead/lino & enjoy.

leadbutt
04-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I understand about not wanting to ship but you could trade members here and get more weight per lino #. I wouldnt cast just strait lino. From what ive read here WW aloy is good for 45acp and you can get it for a lot cheaper. I have some tin i could trade for some of that lino if you needed any. Lino is one of the harder aloys to come by so be a lil stingey with it and dont just send it all down range right away.

L. Bottoms

AndyC
04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Range lead is a great mix w/ lino for any caliber, even 45acp. Mix it 3-1 lead/lino or 4-1 range lead/lino & enjoy.
That's what I'd do.

fredj338
04-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, if you want to trade some soft stick-on ww for linoe, drop a note I have 100# I could part with.