PDA

View Full Version : gluelit lube mixture

jballs918
04-03-2007, 08:53 AM
ok guys i had to get up at 3am this morning. well that gives me alot of time to think. i have read in the front stuffers section about using a mixture of crisco and beewax for a good lube. well this got me thinking. does anyone know a good mix for this. basially i want a mix to be where i can have is soft enough to spread but not as soft as prue crisco. i was thinking maybe a 2 part crisco to 1 part wax. i what i was thinking of doing is to take a 357 mag shell and use a wadcutter for this, stick it in there and lets say have a 1/8 of an inch for the lube. spread it one there and then use that like a lube cookie. im thinking that this would work fairy well. any ideas or conments are welcome thanks guys

ktw
04-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Blackpower lube is intended to keep black powder fouling soft. Crisco works, as does Olive Oil and a wide variety of other things. Most blackpowder lubes avoid all petroluem based ingredients due to negative side effects when used with black powder. These requirements may or may not be relevant for a glue bullet lube.

The beeswax is for stiffening the mix. How much you need depends on the climate. The warmer the weather the more you need to add to keep the lube mix from running away on you.

-ktw